I want smart blinds... or maybe sharks with friggin lasers attached to their heads

It looks like there are several smart blind products on the market now. I want to get one that will work with both vertical and horizontal blinds (many of mine are vertical), and I'm intrigued that some of them have options for solar power. I'm curious to know if anyone has tried any of these products and can verify that they pair directly with Hubitat, and whether they would recommend them? What I want to be able to do is have Hubitat control these as part of a schedule, i.e. closing them when it is dark or when we are away, opening them during the middle of the day during winter, or morning and late afternoon in summers, etc.

Solar Powered Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Motorized Chain Roller Control Shade Shutter Drive Motor Replacement: Solar Powered Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Motorized Chain Roller Control Shade Shutter Drive Motor Replacement|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

LIVOLO ZIgbee Curtain Blind Motorized Chain Roller Shutter Drive: LIVOLO ZIgbee Curtain Blind Motorized Chain Roller Shutter Drive,App Wireless Control,Solar Panel Power Supply|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

BT / Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Motorized Chain Roller Voice Control Shade Shutter Work With Alexa Google Home: BT / Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Motorized Chain Roller Voice Control Shade Shutter Work With Alexa Google Home|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

Tuya Smart Life Zigbee Curtain Blind Switch for Roller Shutter Blind Motor Solar Powered BT Control Work With Alexa Google: Tuya Smart Life Zigbee Curtain Blind Switch for Roller Shutter Blind Motor Solar Powered BT Control Work With Alexa Google|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

KKmoon Solar Powered Zigbee Control Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Chain Roller Voice Shade Shutter Drive Motor for Alexa Google Home: KKmoon Solar Powered Zigbee Control Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Chain Roller Voice Shade Shutter Drive Motor for Alexa Google Home|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

Solar Powered Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Motorized Chain Roller Voice Control Shade Shutter Drive Motor: Solar Powered Zigbee Control Smart Blinds Drive Motor Tuya Motorized Chain Roller Voice Control Shade Shutter Drive Motor|Automatic Curtain Control System| - AliExpress

Or alternately, Sharks with friggin lasers attached to their heads: Dr. Evil β€” sharks with laser beams attached to their heads β€” HD - YouTube

If you have any interest in z-wave shades (not sure about blinds), then I suggest looking into @ZebraBlinds.

1 Like

No, I need something that works with existing blinds.

Read this topic only for the amazing title :+1:

3 Likes

I'll take the sharks, thank you. I leave my blinds closed most of the time.

1 Like

Can't blame ya. Sharks with lasers. Everyone should have one.

3 Likes

Look up the semi smart blind driver

Does it work with these other brands?