I want a rule to trigger base on the weather forecast

Hello guys,

A long time ago I thought I read something here, but I can't find it in my search.

I have a smart plug to turn on my pool pump daily at 9am and off at a certain time. What I would like to do is tie it into my Weather-Display WU Driver or some other weather app/driver so if it knowing it's about to rain soon, to either not turn on or turn itself off.

This should be possible. What attribute from the device with the WU driver are you hoping to use? (I don't use this and was hoping someone who did might respond, but I figured since it's been a while...) RM lets you create conditionals, which it sounds like what you want. If you aren't familiar with how to create or use those, Hubitat has a couple examples on their YouTube channel of how to create them, plus lots of examples in the docs of them in use.

The issue here would be the attribute. Can I assume that there is one that will work? If it's not a standard attribute (and I'm guessing it isn't), you can create a condition with a custom attribute in RM, so this should still be do-able. "Standard" attributes (like temperature, humidity, etc.) should all be usable as well in a more straight-forward fashion (not that different but just a few clicks less). If it it requires math or a look at historic values of that attribute, it would likely also be do-able but would take a bit more work.

If you share exactly what information from the device you plan to use, I could give more specifics, or maybe someone who actually uses the device could chime in.

Thank, I never knew what the custom attributes where for but I was able to find the weather app under there. so thanks. this is what i'm trying to do and what I just did.

I have a pump in my pool to pump water out the pool into my solar water heater and it pumps the warm water back into the pool, but if it's cloudy or rain, if i'm not home I would like the Rule machine to know if the pump is on and the forecast says rain or cloudy to turn off the pump.

I will setup another rule as well to say if it's sunny/hot and no rain to turn pump on if it's off.

I went into devices and screen shot this here

I created this Rule, tell me if you think I need to change anything

Did this work for you? If so, how did you get it to ask for (MyWeatherApp forecast_text? I want to do the same thing. If it is sunny out, close my blinds on that side of the house. Thanks fo your help