I think I have about given up on Hubitat

All of the Sylvania/Osram lights are listed :thinking: Is that why they never changed the model number?

Unfortunately I have multiple devices that are certified and still cause issues.

But I do agree that in general certified devices will cause fewer issues than non-certified ones.

So thanks for pointing that out Mike!

1 Like

As a prospective user, should I be concerned that when searching on that page for Hubitat it's also not included as a "certified" zibgee device?

Or maybe it's just your setup...

In their defence they have been very active and great since I bought a hub. They have also seen an increase of users and probably haven't managed to staff up as much as they should. In addition there are a lot of users seeing similar issues that they are struggling to replicate and fix.

I created a new thread for you to describe your problem, if there’s something the community can help with.

I just read through all of his posts. What he's trying to do is pretty simple. If you want I can walk you through whatever you want to do.

And for what it's worth I don't use Rule machine for much of anything. You can do pretty much everything in the other apps.

1 Like

I on the other hand use rule machine for almost everything. I love the versatility of it. But after reading some replies here saying that might be the cause of issues, I wonder if it is what is causing my hub to get slow and lock up.

I have about 160 devices and maybe 60 rules and don't have any slowdowns fwiw.

Rule machine is a pretty heavy app to use for everything. Better off using the other apps then just use RM4 when the others don't apply.

2 Likes

Yeah, I could have botched a rule somewhere. On a related note, when I was removing my lightify bulbs from hubitat, a couple of them listed connection to rules that had nothing to do with the bulbs at all. And a few others still listed the rule as a connection even after I tripple checked that I had removed that light from the rule.

Seems a lot of unknowns from rule machine. My rules do seem to all be working though.

I still have a heavy mix of Rule-2.5 and Rule-4.0.
Been using Rule Machine for a very long time.

I use simple automation for the vast majority of my rules. I have maybe 10 rules that use the motion lighting rules, and another 8 or so that use RM4.

I would use Simple Automation a whole lot more if it did speech and if it covered alarm keypads.

1 Like

I didn't like that idea of splitting them all up in random different sections. I wanted all rules in one area, hence why I used RM for everything I guess. Maybe that was a bad idea.

I use RM4 for two of my alarm rules also but it's controlling a lot of devices.

When there's an easier app for the rule I'll try to use it instead.

1 Like

Emoji's help alot!

Even use em on my dashboards.

8 Likes

I'm not, we resolve issues that crop up, usually very very quickly...

4 Likes

I mean you work there, so I guess it's easy to say you're not worried, but from a potential customers perspective, I have to say that I'm worried. You can't say that non-certified products are a crap shoot then just expect potential customers to believe that you are the exception to the rule.