I think I broke RM5.0

tl;dr: not matching the 'type' of variable in hub variables (e.g. setting a type 'number' to the value 'cool') breaks RM5.0 and it also breaks the hub variables app on the sidebar.

I think I sort of broke something. I was goofing around with the new hub variables and RM 5.0 and (without thinking) i set my test hub variable (defined as a 'number') equal to a device attribute (which is a 'string') -- I know this is not correct bute honestly I was just sort of goofing around.

Now:

1. I can't edit the rule 5.0 any more
  2. I can go into the 'hub variables' any more

They both say "

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: For input string: "cool"

(by way of explanation I was setting a hub variable of type number to the thermostat mode which is currently 'cool')

I tried removing RM5.0 completely, but even if I remove RM5.0 and re-add it I now can't add new rules (exact message as above)

It seems like there is some common bit of code in the hub variables that if you mistakenly set the variable to the wrong type sort of breaks hub variables and RM5.0. If there was some way to re-set my variable I could get it all back to life but I don't know of any way to manage them except through RM5 and the hub variables app (the one on the sidebar)

Reboot doesn't fix is either.......

Have you tried to restore a recent backup?

Also, please post a screenshot of your log as it might come in handy to help figure out the issue.

Below is the log entry

app:13702021-07-25 02:59:09.410 pm errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "cool" on line 313 (method hubVar)

I do have a recent (yesterday) backup so I can restore (and the restore seems to have fixed the problem)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.