I suggest that HSM be listed at the top of the apps list

And I get that, I really do because I can remember having to deal with that in a past life. Just saying there may be customers coming in looking for a more cookie cutter solution. AND....maybe buyers should read this forum first to set their expectations accordingly.

You keep bringing in other threads that aren’t that relevant.

@Jost is a programmer and can make his own simple or complex apps, run other servers for whatever he wants, etc.

So his opinion on rule machine, or devices and their wireless protocols, while as valid as anyone else’s, is not typical of a newbie or user that has extremely simple needs.

Making more and more invalid assumptions isn’t helpful.

1 Like

Sure there probably are. The problem is which cookie to cut? HSM is not intended to be a feature rich security system. :sunglasses:

"Your use case is not my use case."

And that is a clear Mission Statement.

But, after a second cup of coffee, and for the sake of discussion, (and keeping in this thread so as to not have a headline topic)....

What if we were to say that there were, hummmm say.... 5 major functional areas that people looking for plug & play HA might want to address (OK, yeah...."plug & play" I choked on that line too). I won't list them, but I will suggest the list of core functionality probably isn't as long as the permutations creative people can think of.

Given the rich resource of knowledge & willing participation in this Community ....would it be a bad thing to take that input (and in many cases prototyping that they would willingly offer for adoption) and integrate it regularly so that at the end of the day...HE develops into a very rich "best in class" platform in those 5 functional areas.

It is becoming very rich for the "roll up the sleeves and build rules" buyer but I bet there are a lot of folk that are attracted to HE that don't intend to get that deep. The types that are excited if they can just get a device paired :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You can say it addresses all their needs now...but the Community Apps out there suggest otherwise.

By the way, I'm not suggesting a UL Certified Security System here.

-------- HOLD THE BUS---------
I just read this, and better understand where the singularity of your Mission is coming from. Hats off on this initiative.

Gee, that makes it worse. Let's just say it was better assuming he was avoiding RM for reasons similar to a newbie's.

Can you not create a desktop (homescreen) link to the appropriate page?

I'm not 100% sure the path would always be the same but a quick test brought me to right to a RM rule in one click.

http://192.168.x.yy/installedapp/configure/2487/mainPage

Please close this thread and start a new one if there is more discussion necessary.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes