I need to control a Lutron RA2 with a Lutron Homeworks QS , will Hubitat do it

I have a Lutron Homeworks QS system but i need to add some wireless devices, will the Hubitat communicate with the Homeworks processor and the RA2 main repeater and make both system work as one?, TIA

Welcome to Hubitat! I don't see the Homeworks QC systm on the list of compatible devices but I'm tagging @bravenel, the resident expert on all things Lutron. If anyone will know, he will.

It looks like it can use telnet, which is a positive sign as that’s how hubitat integrates with other Lutron controllers.

For anyone who's interested, here's the breakdown of the differences in the Lutron systems.

I would suspect that there isn't anything for Homworks QS cause it looks to be even more staggeringly expensive that Radio RA2, which I didn't think was possible. Here is one line that had my mouth agape.

RF coverage for up to 50,000 sq. ft. of space with control of up to 10,000 zones

Yes, you read that right....50,000 sq ft. Radio RA2 is 7,500 sq ft.

1 Like

I believe that Homeworks QS should work, and RA2 certainly does. They both share the same interface protocol via telnet. What sort of devices do you have the HWQS system? Once you integrate them both, yes, Hubitat would make both work as one.

The HWQS processor would need to have a Telnet login of "lutron" and password "integration".

I don't have HWQS, but the dimmers and keypads have more capabilities than RadioRA 2, like double taps and hold/release. I assume that those capabilities are not part of the Hubitat device drivers?

No, at present these other features are not supported, as we haven't had a demand for them. Most likely these would be easy to add to the drivers as needed.

Wow that’s a great summary of the different Lutron automation systems. They’re really an amazing company, from design to engineering and customer support too.

I’m also curious about why OP has a need to integrate RadioRA2 and HWQS. It seems like HomeWorks is an even more complex system that works with nearly every device RadioRA2 does (and many more).

People do it as there is no upgrade path that allows re-use of devices across different product lines even though they all use ClearConnect to communicate. The only way to upgrade is to rip and replace.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.