I Need little help checking a basic rule

Hi guys,i made a simple rule,but for 3 days has not work,,,can you take a look if something is bad or i miss something? thanks

Edit: Sorry i forgot mention what happen,the rule turn on the light but does not turn it off :frowning:

Can you explain what, if anything, you are seeing from this rule? Is the "on" not working, or the "off", or both?

A few things you can check:

• The device page events for the switch to see if there is any on or off commands sent to the device at the expected times
  • The details page for the basic rule to see the Event subscriptions and details for any scheduled jobs
  • The logs from the basic rule at the expected times (make sure logging is enabled for the rule)

HI¡¡ Sorry i forgot mention it,the light turn on correctly,but is not turning off

Hm, I am not sure how the rule "interprets" "day", because the off command relative to the on command is day+1. What happens if you split this into 2 rules, one for on, one for off

@mlatz Along those lines, I was wondering if an additional wait might help. Something like:

When Time of Day is 20 minutes before sunrise ...
Turn on [switch]
Wait until Time of Day is 1:00 AM, then ...
Wait until Time of Day is 30 minutes after sunrise , then ...
Turn off [switch]

Hallo, the rule now is not the same as initially .... only "sunrise". If I assume, that this is an unwanted error and you would modify the initial rule I think this will not work.
My feeling is: First it waits for sunset of THE day -> action
Then it again gets "day" and waits for sunrise, but THIS day there will be no sunrise anymore.

Sorry for the Outdated and late news

I think my hub just get a bug or something,a few days after this post,i reset the Hubitat (The most common problem solver in the electronic world,and i forgot it) and after that,my basic rule work perfect,as i want it,as spected

Thanks to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like