I made my own mobile app

After using the stock Hubitat app I have found it is pretty slow and has a lot of stuff I don’t use.

So I built this app GitHub - korich/simple-dashboard

Have a look and tell me what you think.

It still has some bugs and you have to manually add the urls before compiling but it works for me.

9 Likes

Seems fine. Displays my ugly default dashboard and works as expected. Little bit of a pain to get it built, but I've never created an Android app so that might just be my inexperience. I happened to have the Android SDK installed, but still needed some manual steps. Basically:

1. Get the Flutter SDK. I extracted it to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\Sdk\flutter.
  2. Clone the repository.
  3. From the command line, change your working directory to wherever you cloned the repository.
  4. Run %LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\Sdk\flutter\bin\flutter.bat build apk (in Windows, anyway).
  5. Install the application on your phone with %LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe install build\app\outputs\flutter-apk\app-release.apk

I ran the build command in Android Studio, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. I opened the repository's android folder as an existing project. When all is said and done, I get this output from the build.

Running "flutter pub get" in hubitat-simple-dashboard...           10.5s

Building without sound null safety
For more information see https://dart.dev/null-safety/unsound-null-safety

Note: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Android\Sdk\flutter\.pub-cache\hosted\pub.dartlang.org\location_permissions-3.0.0+1\android\src\main\java\com\baseflow\location_permissions\LocationPermi
ssionsPlugin.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Running Gradle task 'assembleRelease'...
Running Gradle task 'assembleRelease'... Done                     112.2s
√ Built build\app\outputs\flutter-apk\app-release.apk (16.0MB).
1 Like

Thanks for that Aaron, I was too lazy to write out all the instructions.

I will update the readme.

I used smartly to get the dashboards looking nice.