I’m considering moving all my stuff to hassio and using Hubitat for all my automations. Few questions

I'm about to publish a driver for Aqara Cube T1 Pro today...
What Aqara toys are you experiencing issues with Hubitat?

(I don't discourage you from using Home Assistant, it is a great home automation system! I use both HE and HA)

1 Like

@kkossev Has done a lot of work around Aqara devices. Free to try of course.

My Aqara devices have been worry free on HA with the ConBee 2. I originally used the ZHA integration, and later rejoined everything with the Zigbee2MQTT integration for a larger and more feature rich device support catalog.

It’s possible you may not need HA if all you’re trying to achieve is stability with Aqara devices, and you end up getting that with @kkossev ‘s drivers. But there’s no denying that HA does have a crazy number of available integrations and compatible devices due to the massive number of contributors. Having both hubs at your disposal is about as close to untethered and easy to automate (Thanks to Basic Rules and Rule Machine) home automation available.

2 Likes

None yet. My package is still in transit. My main concern is the e1 curtain robot

I don't have a solution for Aqara E1 Curtain Robot - this is one of the cases where a particular non-standard device is best handled by Z2M.

1 Like

Thank you, can the actual e1 hub be integrated?

I’m not aware of an integration, but why bother with it when Z2M works with the E1 Curtain you’re concerned about, and you then have every other device capability that Z2M and HA have, not just Aqara devices?

1 Like

@frmWink2Hubitat This very device was the subject that led to Z2M for others too. If you read down the thread a bit, there an embedded thread link where I described what I needed to do when I installed my mosquito broker on another computer for MQTT. But in that same sub-thread is a link to a really good explanation of how to get it all setup on your HA Raspberry Pi, with no need to run the broker somewhere else if you don’t want to.

The HA forums would be a better place to ask this.

But, yes, I use an inexpensive $17 240GB SSD for HA. But I went with a name brand (Kingston):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5IB20Q/

FWIW, all of my Zigbee and Z-wave devices are on Hubitat. I only use HA for some HA/Homekit local integrations that aren't yet available here (Ecobee and Aqara FP2).

2 Likes

I only use HA for problematic devices (Kasa and Sengled). I don't see any advantage to moving everything to HA. Consider that if your HA fail, your entire smart home will go down with it.

As for the sd cards on rpi, I change them all for small SSD after one died whitout warning.

Edit: To be fair, my Kasa problem dates from 2 years ago. A lot of work has been done since then in the Kasa integration and the problem likely has been solved now. But with 40+ devices, I don't feel like redoing all the automations involved.

2 Likes

I’m worried about buying a zigbee donle. My h.a is in a docker and I’m confused with “mapping”

I run my HA in a Docker container and I use a Sonoff usb dongle with Z2M without problem.

So do I.

@frmWink2Hubitat this is probably the best approach - keep the majority of the devices on the hub where your automations are running. Use the accompanying other hub only for these devices, which you can not connect on the main hub.

3 Likes

Was it hard to set up? You have to map the usb right?

Not difficult. It's a one line thing. It depend if you plan to use Z2M or ZHA.

Z2m, ok I just ordered the sonoff, is z2m harder?

Harder to setup, but if you follow this step by step and ask for help when you get stuck, you’ll be good to go in no time.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

I’m confused, why can’t I use it with the z2m Hubitat integration?

I didn’t express myself clearly .. what I proposed was to setup Home Assistant with Zigbee 2MQTT, pair the Aqara Blinds there and bring it to Hubitat using the HA-> HE integration.

Leave all the other Zigbee devices that play nicely in Hubitat, and continue using the HE automations. This is also my setup.

2 Likes

Try this driver with the Aqara E1 curtain robot :