I have a problem with Xiaomi

Too many repeater problems with Xiaomi devices... I'm not going to replace my ST zigbee plugs with Ikea, et al, plugs just to make them work.

Good for you guys that can get them to work without repeater issues though. They are nice, and cheap.

2 Likes

I'm thinking, well hoping, that since these are shipped with batteries installed without a tab, I'll get better life out of the replacements. Who knows how long they'd been sitting before shipping?

1 Like

I agree, they are not without issues. I had read about the repeating issues before I ordered my first batch, and before I got on the Xbee bandwagon. So when I went to pair them, I powered down every zigbee device capable of repeating. I found they were very solid paired directly with the HE hub and maintained that direct connection, until I had a power outage. That's when I got the Xbees and UPSs.

They are definitely cool devices. For me, I just have no interest in managing devices at that level. I don't want (to need) Xbee, and I don't want to replace my existing zigbee repeaters.

I'll just be patient and hope that something more zigbee standard compliant comes along eventaully.

4 Likes

Anything is possible. Can’t see Xiaomi making a change for the Chinese market, but if the new partnership with IKEA turns into device manufacturing, it could happen.

At the same boat here.