I can't believe it

:flushed: Are there really no Zigbee or Z-Wave Switches that have (Hold/Release) management?
Switches like shelly 2.5 that manage (short push/release/hold)
I am not talking about battery powered buttons but mains powered switches.
Please tell me this is not true. :pray:

Inovelli, HomeSeer, Zooz, and (some) GE all make Z-Wave in-wall switches or dimmers that can respond to (short) pushes, holds, and (after a hold) releases. They're generally meant to be used as "real" switches or dimmers with these "Z-Wave Central Scene" features (button events on Hubitat) thrown in as a bonus, but most can be configured, in slightly different ways, to be used as just basically hardwired button devices instead if you want. This is how many of mine are used to control smart bulbs.

But for the most part, these are US-only. I'm not sure what you'll find in Europe. There are also battery-powered button devices here and you'll probably have more luck with those in any region, but it sounds like you prefer something hardwired.

2 Likes

Thanks @bertabcd1234
Yes i prefer hardwired
I hope that some different answer come from the zigbee side

Inovelli is/was planning to make their switches/dimmers (possibly really all of their products?) in Zigbee versions, too, though that project seems to have been put on hold for the moment. That still may not help if you're outside the US. I'm not aware of any hardwired Zigbee devices that can do something like this (yet), though there are several battery-powered options. Those aren't that bad--I've had some Hue Dimmers for years (on Hue, not Hubitat) and have only had to replace one battery ever as far as I remember. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to reveal my secrets to you
I would have liked to do it for a practical reason.
I wanted to make a sequence that with these actions
1.Geofence arrived
2. Wifi arrived
3. Garage sensor arrived (garage light on)
Then
4. Turning off the garage light with long press would open the front door after 5 seconds.

innovelli z-wave switch should do that if you're not married to the zigbee idea

1 Like

I like Zigbee but i'm nor married :slight_smile:
The Worst think is that innovelli is not made for Europe

Ahh I didn't realize you were in Europe...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.