I bought Hubitat and now I'm lost

Hello,

I just installed Hubitat with the intention to integrate Aqara and Xiaomi devices I currently own and other brands in the future. I really like the Aqara Home app but it's limited to their own sensors.

After setting my Hubitat I receive an message/error on System messages: "ZigBee network is not online."
I checked Settings -> Zigbee details and "Zigbee status" is "enabled".

I tried to add the most basic zigbee device I own - a button. Devices -> Add device -> Add device manually -> Zigbee -> Start Zigbee pairing. I put my device in pairing mode but nothing happened.

I don't know how to continue because I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my device/settings.

One thing is sure: the device software interface is not user friendly and I have no clue how to add a simple zigbee button.

Thanks,

This usually indicates there is a device or app overwhelming the hub. Do you install any apps or other devices already?

1 Like

I can’t help much with your Zigbee issue other than try powering down the hub for a minute. I assume your C7 is new. Possibly a bad radio but I am guessing.

Regarding your frustration, I too was bewildered at first and couldn’t even make a simple dashboard with getting an error message. It’s been about 2 years since I migrated from ST. Any time I have a question, it is answered politely by several users.

3 Likes

If you open two windows, one for the device pairing and one looking at Settings | Zigbee Details | Zigbee Logging, and then put the hub into pairing mode followed by putting the device into pairing mode, what does the logging window show?

2 Likes

Aqara and Xiaomi devices don't offer the best experience when used with non-Xiaomi controllers, and Hubitat is no exception. They require custom drivers and special "attention" to be able to use them with Hubitat. With that being said, if your Zigbee radio is offline and you were not able to pair any devices, you may be dealing with a radio malfunction. Please send me a private message so we can further investigate.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I didn't install any app or devices. The device is new. I only upgraded the firmware.

Ok I would work with @bobbyD then. Start with sending him your hubitat username/email and your mac address in a PM (mac address on bottom of unit)

1 Like

@bobbyD may need to bump his access level a little to get the message function...

2 Likes

Good thinking! Done....

2 Likes

If you noticed this message before you tried to add any Zigbee devices, would be a good idea to visit our support site and immediately file a warranty claim.

That way, we would have the details we need to send out a replacement, in case of a hardware malfunction:

2 Likes