I Appreciate The Continued Focus On Improving Performance and Stability

Just a shout-out to Hubitat for the unwavering efforts towards improving the overall performance and stability of the HE platform. Personally working in an IT-centric space, I can appreciate this work is often a poor cousin to the "sexy" new features people want, often put at the bottom of the list or set aside for a rainy day when users aren't beating down the doors for their latest whim.

I would equally commend the beta-testers who contribute with lengthy and detailed responses to the Hubitat team, providing them invaluable data that no doubt informs their decisions. (I might need to have a lie down... :wink: Data informed decisions are such a validation of my career choice... )

If I'm going to write-up a complete list of thankyou's.... I think we can all agree that Hub Info is a ubiquotous term nowadays.... It's almost like the hub.... should provide the... info.... :wink: Actually it does, this is where the driver get's it from.... Just such a nice thing to have it feeding InfluxDB / Grafana....

Both the attention to this aspect of the platform..... and the engagement with dedicated beta-users.... are both a source of great reassurance that new features do not completely rule the roost in terms of priorities within the development team.

To state the obvious.... Shout-out to @gopher.ny from hubitat and @thebearmay as "one-of-us",,,, It feels unfair not to mention @jtp10181 for his efforts in capturing and reporting hub stats... but I feel I have left others out.... I guess they can always message me.... Or post acknowledgements here... (Please do)

18 Likes

I just provided some prebuilt dashboards for Grafana, @mavrrick58 did a great write up about setting up Influx and Grafana (local or cloud), while @dennypage has been maintaining and updating the Influx DB logger app (along with fixes from @mavrrick58 as well I think). Getting more people access to charting hub stats and other info was a group effort for sure!

12 Likes

Just a quick one, but I can appreciate the efforts. A user such as myself has only purchased a single c7 a few years ago so I'm hardly setting the company p&l ablaze.

The hub protect and remote admin give me peace of mind and give back a steady (if negligible) revenue stream.

The product and the team is ace, which I presume is part of the reason the 'unpaid regulars' are happy to contribute as much as they do to the software, beta testing and community.

"Behaviour breeds behaviour", eh.

Well done all. Most appreciated.

5 Likes