I am looking for zigbee light sensors

Unlike other Aqara sensors, I’m actually not sure that these will not work with other repeaters. They’re the only zigbee 3.0 Aqara sensors I have.

1 Like

I also have one of these directly connected to my hub:

Has been perfect for me - never fallen off, never caused any issues, just hums along. Very happy with it, and inexpensive.

3 Likes

I'm taking that to meant that these WILL (or may) work with other repeaters :laughing:

1 Like

May. Because there’s no evidence that they won’t!

:joy:

1 Like

Glad to hear you're not not saying what I thought you weren't going to say.

4 Likes

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my favorite..

Fast response from all sensors and a Zigbee repeater to boot.

4 Likes

I bought 4 of the Xiaomi Mijia light sensors (model GZCGQ01LM) last year from here: ($37 for 4, or $9.25 each)
(these are the same as linked at Banggood above, but that link didn't work for me)

All four of mine were originally on SmartThings, but last month I moved the last of them over to my C-7. I was originally using Marcus' driver on them, but I've switched 2 of them to the newer, simpler unified driver by @chirpy.

They are Zigbee 3.0, but people have reported that these (like the Xiaomi Aqara sensors) can be problematic and drop off. I've not had that happen with any of mine yet, but I also use Ikea smart plugs as repeaters which seems to work well with these.

Overall, these were inexpensive and so far have been very reliable.

2 Likes

I ordered one of them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have over a dozen. One failed after 8 months and @iharyadi replaced it anyway, even though I told him I didn't feel he should.

4 Likes

I've got two of these - they paired easily but I've yet to get an actual luminance (illuminance?) level report.
I've tried the Markus drivers and these https://github.com/waytotheweb
In both cases (both sensors, both drivers), they show as present, but no light level reading.

I've tried the double-clicking multiple times, placed them a couple feet from the hub, waited a long time, etc.

C5 Hub.

Any thoughts? Again - no issue pairing but just not getting light level reported.

Mine has "just worked" so I don't have a lot of advice on troubleshooting...maybe pull batteries and wait a minute, and then re-insert.

2022-06-08 12_38_34-Chrome Main
2022-06-08 12_39_14-Chrome Main

Strange. Removed battery, removed device, started fresh. Current driver, current hubitat software.
Initialized, double-clicked, placed right next to hub.

Is there more than one place to look for this driver?

Not that I'm aware of...

Where/when did you get them? The Mijia Light Sensors (GZCGQ01LM) have been out-of-stock for a while now -- and any new ones now being sold (Aqara branded?) might be a different hardware version that might not (yet) work.

Just received. Company called Techinn.
Model GZCGQ01LM
SKU YTC4043GL
SN: (for one of them) 23955/00027267
Production Date: 09.2020

I've tried drivers from oh-lalabs, birdslikewires and waytotheweb. Birdslikewires is the only one that shows an illuminance variable in the Current States, but that value stays zero and doesn't seem to update.
The other two drivers don't show illuminance at all.

1 Like

Mine says below in the Data section on model number...I'm away and can't check the actual model number on the sensor.

• model: lumi.sen_ill.mgl01

Identical

Possibly you have a bad unit, then. Seems like it should work if same driver and same device.

The drivers are slightly different - there is a "b" at the end of @hokfujow's. Not sure if that really makes a difference though,

Ah, missed that "b."