Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor - has anyone experienced a failure?

I like the Hue Motion sensor form factor and plan to purchase a few. My question is, has anyone needed to use the warrantee? My reason for asking is I plan on painting the Black plastic and suspect it would void the warrantee (or at least cause undue heartache.) I've read that to be successful with warrantee for the Hue bulbs you need to promise them your first born.

I’ve had mine paired directly to hubitat for maybe two years and never had an issue (knock on wood).

Think it’s still running off the original battery too now that I think about it. Crazy.

Similar, I have 7 of the outdoor ones in use for a couple of years, no issues and still on the original batteries. Most are still showing 100%, some down to around 60%.

Not sure on the warranty side with a Β£35 device though. In the UK at least you've got a "reasonable time" to take things up with the retailer (in my case Amazon), in most cases they just replace within a couple of years without arguments anyway.

After that I'd probably just bin it and buy a new one if it developed an issue .... it probably wouldn't be cost effective to ship it back to Philips to be repaired under warranty and then pay for them to ship it back once it's been fixed.

1 Like