Hue Motion sensors - motion staying active

That would imply that the fix we are going to do to 2.0.8 is not the solution to this problem then.

I am sorry correction it was update 2.0.5, which included a update to the Hue Motion driver.

that update would not have caused this issue, certainly not motion stuck on.
I'll join up the one I have here in the lab for long term observation and see if I can replicate this, however in other testing I've done with this device I haven't been able to...

All I know is that originally with the Hue motions there was an issue after joining a new device I had to use a custom driver and use the "configure" function otherwise the lux/motion on the device would not update properly. After I "configured" the device I could then switch back to the stock driver and it would function normally.

After I applied the 2.0.5 update since there was a update to this driver I used the "configure" and "refresh" functions on each of my Hue motions and ever since then they will get stuck "active."

I also notice that if I reboot the hub the Hue motions will not respond right away unless I force a refresh to the device. If I leave them they will eventually work, but this may take a couple hours.

correct this was the only change made to the driver in 2.0.5.
In any event, its joined now, and shall remain that way whilst we work on 2.0.8, so if there's something wrong with the driver, the platform or whatever we should be able to figure it out.

Yeah i know how to work around the issue for now, I may just setup an automatic refresh to keep them updating properly.

I did notice I have been receiving more of the "Zigbee Network Went Offline" messages lately, not really sure if a particular device like the Hue motion could be causing this to happen. Yesterday I had to power down the hub because even after a reboot the message came back.

I'd venture to say it's nigh impossible for a zigbee device to cause the zigbee stack to go off line, I mean if there was a way for that to happen, I'd have likely succeeded in doing it already.
When the hub gets over stressed app wise or thermally the zigbee stack is the first thing to take the hit...

It could be the InfluxDB Logger I have setup.

no, say it isn't so...
(extreme sarcasm on)
We never see issues with that app, it's never caused any stress related problems what-so-ever...
(extreme sarcasm off)

2 Likes

But I want to have my cake and eat too! Who doesn't like pretty graphs?:sunglasses:

In all seriousness I do find the power usage and battery levels useful though.

get another hub then use that for influx...
BTW, excessive power reporting isn't doing your hub or the meshes they are reporting over any favors either...

1 Like

I only have it for a couple devices and one is an actual power meter. May have to play with the reporting interval to release some congestion.

Was there any fixes in the 2.0.8 update for this issue? I did not see it in the changelog but I wanted to confirm.

not specifically, however mine's been on various 2.0.8 releases for several weeks and hasn't displayed this issue...

Okay, well that may be a good sign then. I will remove my rule that refreshes them and see how it goes. Thanks.

So far so good but I did notice that the little red light on the sensors does not turn on anymore when motion is detected. I kind of like seeing the light, as I know its working properly.

Interesting, there were no changes to the driver...

Well I seem to have the same issue, but not just with two of my Hue Motion Sensors but also a Smartthings motion sensor paired directly into HE.

When I noticed this issue this evening I thought I would carry out an update to 2.0.8 to see if this would resolve the issue. I am still yet to see if I still have this problem. I will monitor over the next few days to see if it reoccurs, however it seems that it is not just an issue with the Hue Motion sensors.

These devices have never exhibited the issue affecting the hue motion sensors.

Since I've updated to 2.0.8 the little red light on the Hue Motion Sensors don't turn on anymore. Not an issue but thought I should note as Mike has pointed out that there has been no change to the drivers.