Hue motion sensor stopped working

Have had a Hue motion sensor triggering our front door light for the last few years with no issues… I go away for the weekend and now it’s not working. I did upgrade the hub a week or so ago… and my daughter killed the power to the bulb so have had to reset that but for the life of me, I can’t get the motion to trigger the light to come on. I can control the light manually so that is working fine. I can’t see any events/anything logged by the motion sensor. A red light on the motion sensor comes on when it detects motion - so appears to have power (nothing recorded to show battery level). I haven’t changed the battery so that may be something I do next. I’m running latest hub version.

Anyone else having any issues?

Thanks!

Yep. There's your problem!

2 Likes

We’ll there you go! Those batteries were originals… have lasted a good couple of years+. Have changed them for fresh AAAs and all good! Panic over! :scream:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Short red flash when detecting motion: battery almost empty.

Long red flash when detecting motion: sensor not communicating with hub/bridge.

From Philips website:

What does the LED indicator on the Hue motion sensor mean?

Orange blinking: Sensor is ready to connect to the Hue Bridge

Green blinking: Sensor has been found by the Hue app

Short orange flash when detecting motion*: Low battery

Short red flash when detecting motion *: Battery is almost empty

Long red flash when detecting motion : Sensor cannot communicate with Hue Bridge*

*Only shown at first detection of motion after at least 15 seconds with none.

**If this problem occurs often, try performing a Zigbee channel change in the Hue app by navigating to Settings > Hue Bridges > Zigbee channel > Change channel. Follow the on-screen instructions.

1 Like