Hue motion sensor driver 2.2.4

I have one normal Hue motion and one outdoor motion and they have always reported battery level.

Ok lot of thanks.

Kelo I have pair two hue motion and one report 0lux always and the other don't report, on hubitat device panel only show temperature, motion and bartery!
What can I do to report lux?, I have hub update last firmware.

Thanks

I get battery and temperature and lux, however as soon as I put it back outside it it goes active and stays there, it is 3 m away from the hub through a wall

@mike.maxwell a don't want to cast aspersions, recently all my hue motion sensors have become really spoty at reporting lux values, is this something you can look into please

Play around with the new preferences in 2.2.4

I've tried setting it to 10 lux, saving ,then setting to 1 lux, but they all seam inconsistent in reporting

I have two connected, one report luz and other not, y have repair 3 times but impossible, one of them didn't retort, don't show the parameter iluminance.. Some idea?

Thanks.

Try one of the new log setting reporting options.

Do we need to save and then configure?

Absolutely do not hit configure after saving preferences.
With many drivers hitting configure may reset to default settings.

Configure should only be run once after changing drivers

That might have been it, impatience, does the device have to be awake to receive the updated settings, should I dance around in front at the same time

Most zigbee devices check for messages every 7 seconds max.
You can see the device response to the results of applied preference updates in the live logs with descriptionText logging enabled.

So this is the correct response to setting to 1 lux?

The response doesn't tell you what the value was set to, just that it was set, it's much clearer with debug logging disabled, and yes, it was set.

Why are you thinking 1 lux is what you need?

It in a stairs but the is a sky light but what the sensor sees dosnt get it directly, so when the sensor is reading over 5 it isn't needed, but when the light goes on it does hit the sensor. I need to move it but its in the best position to get movement

Probably best to put one outside to measure ambient light, like on your front porch where it can do motion as well.

Well the Hue motion sensor driver definitely has its flaws. I had to use the zigbee toolbox to clean it and make hue work again.

I am curious as to what happened? I have been using this for lux reporting for the past 3 weeks and haven't really noticed any issues. Am I missing something?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.