Hue motion sensor does not detect motion

You can use http://support.hubitat.com

or email them at support@hubitat.com

I have done that! Thanks for all the help and feedback!

1 Like

So I installed the modified Hue driver, but I do not get a value for Illuminance, there is nothing reporting.

Edit: I ended up using the stock Hue driver which works great.

I see what you mean, I’m not using it as I often found it wasn’t that reliable (that was on ST), it could also be where I have it and the frequency of change.

Reason I used this was due to the “configure” option generating errors with the stock driver. Maybe they resolved that?

But I’ll take a look at the driver again when home next week. Thanks for the heads up.

Was it when you hit configure that the system would pop up an error? Because if so I did not experience this or see any errors in the event log.

Yeah, whenever I hit the configure. Error in the logs, and no motion sensed afterwards.

I wasn't aware of this issue, if someone can grab a log screen shot of this error, that would be helpful.

As soon as I’m back home from holiday @mike.maxwell I’ll try it again.

1 Like

Hi @mike.maxwell, I've updated the driver and this is what I'm getting hitting configure.

The motions are being triggered, yet much slower than say, my Xiaomi sensors, which are pretty much instant. Hope this helps?

1 Like

Thanks, I should be able to fix it with that info!

1 Like

Like I say, the motion does seem to be happening, yet I see nothing in logs but the motion active, or inactive does seem to also update.

Are all functions supported with Hue Motion Sensor now? Light sensitivity and temp included?
I'd like to switch over my Hue Motion sensor in my bathroom to work together with the other motion sensors around it, instead of independently controlling the Hue lights in the bathroom as it does now.

Mine appears to be working with the with the built in driver. It is a little more sluggish to respond than my other ZigBee motion sensors, but the temp and lux values appear to be reporting correctly. It was a pain to get it to report; it involved pairing it multiple times along with some begging, pleading, scotch, and a few tears...

1 Like

Thanks. I'll pour a good scotch and skip the tears. What Zigbee channel are you on? My fear is it won't play nice on my channel 13, which I'm reluctant to change because everything has been working so well from the beginning on that channel.

I'm on channel 23. As for the scotch, it finally paired when I broke out the Lagavulin.

1 Like

I have Dalwhinnie. Going to need a healthy pour for this one. :wink:

1 Like

May the Schwartz be with you!

I did jump back and forth with the drivers a few times. If it is still giving you grief you can try the ported one.

2 Likes

I may need the whole bottle. It paired immediately, but wasn't reporting. Probably should have tried the ported driver first, but I didn't. Removed and cannot re-pair, no matter how many resets. Have paired with Hue Bridge two more time though, no problem. Might be the channel that is the issue.

Going to have to revisit this later. Might substitute a spare Xioami for it. I have far less trouble pairing them.

this is exactly the state of mine, it won't pair for nothing, in fact it's not even trying according to my sniffer...
To be honest, even at its best it was not the worlds best motion detector, seriously, you have a lux sensor on board, but will only report lux while motion is active?
That is a rather presumptious use case scenerio, straight out of the box...

1 Like

Yeah it's a bit odd. I suppose it was a battery saving choice, with no intention to ever have it do more.