Hue Motion 16 bit address changing 3 times per week or more

Hue Motion 16 bit address changing 3 times per week or more, this has been discussed in various places and was supposed to be resolved on 2.08 and later, where the sensor receives the proper response from the hub and does not leave & reconnect. I am on 2.2.0.126
It's quite frustrating, I have zigbee ghosts several per week
Tagging @mike.maxwell

We send the correct response, we can't do anything if the device doesn't receive it.
The outdoor sensor will flash red when motion is activated when it's not able to receive a response from the hub.

Thanks Mike, from the prior thread it seemed possible to send the correct response. All 4 of my Hue motions do this.
If I pair a motion sensor directly to the hub, are you saying this won't happen, as you suspect mesh issues and proper response not getting through?

Sounds like you need a repeater or two.

I'd moved nearly all my Hue sensors over to deCONZ prior to this being fixed on Hubitat so I didn't get to test it much after 2.0.8 was released. But from what I saw it was indeed fixed.

If you look at my packet captures from the other thread you could literally watch EVERY sensor going through the leave / rejoin dance frequently ..... like every few minutes IIRC.

If yours are only doing it occasionally then as Mike mentioned, it sounds more like mesh weakness. Especially if this is leaving ghost devices, a leave / rejoin isn't necessarily a bad thing and the device should recover naturally - I never "lost" any of my Hue motion sensors, they just weren't reliable because obviously during the leave / rejoin HE would miss events.

Thanks Martyn, I don't think it's the mesh. I have 4 xbees and several other zigbee repeaters. XCTU reports LQI of 255 for 2 of the 5 hue sensors, and those switch addresses also.

Don't know if this is possible but I'm thinking either the xbees, tradfri repeaters, samsung2018 plug, 4 Halo Smoke alarms or lighify plug(non-A) repeater or 2 aqara dual relays are dropping the hub response that would prevent these from switching addresses.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.