Hue bridge reliability

Question for Philips hue hub users. Is the range good? I would not like it if I had to buy multiple hubs to control my bulbs

I have a 4,000 sq ft home with 4 floors. Interior construction is lath and plaster, which is about the worst. I have all of my Hue lights, including outdoor lights, on a single Hue hub. (I do have other Hue hubs to control Hue sync boxes, but only one for all the bulbs.)

2 Likes

Being a mesh network, the range is as good as the number of bulbs you connect to form a solid mesh network. The only problem with Hue bridge is that Philips recommends maximum 50 devices/bridge. I have 60+ bulbs and 2 dozen accessories on one bridge and still going strong. So it appears that the limitation is rather a suggestion, and not strictly enforced (Zigbee as a protocol can handle thousands of devices connected to one controller).

4 Likes

If I setup a Hue network of bulbs and they make a zigbee mesh as suggested... will they interfere with the hubitat zigbee mesh? ie: the one created, extended via zigbee plugs like ThirdReality and Samsung?

Not as long as they are on a different Zigbee channel. Look under Settings/Bridge Settings in the Hue app to see what channel is in use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.