Hubitat Z-Wave Mesh Details

I have 3 HE-C7 hubs with Z-Wave devices. Two of them show a Filters area at the top of the Hubitat Z-Wave Mesh Details. The third shows this:

Any ideas?

Almost looks like the c5 table though it says BETA at the top...

Haven’t looked into the code, but I’m guessing that with only 3 devices there was an assumption made that the filters complicated the display of information more than they contributed to clarity.

@jameslslate post in the thread for this custom app and the developer is very responsive and I'm sure he will answer your question. He's also been really good about fixing detects in the beta app.

1 Like

Thanks for brining this up and thanks @lawsonad for providing the link.

The default behavior is to not show the filters if the number of distinct values is less than 2 or the ratio of distinct values to total values is more than 60%; with less than 4 items, one of these is always true so the filters will never be displayed.

I can look into providing some advanced settings to change the ratios for this if it is important for you, but as is this is expected (with such a small set I am not sure what value filters would add; it seems to me that for this case, the simple column sort would probably be good enough).

2 Likes

@tony.fleisher
I'm such a dummy. I am so used to using your great app that I forgot it isn't part of the built in apps. The answer makes perfect sense now that I have beed 'edgy-cated'. I've been slowly replacing S0 only devices and apparently hit the minimum number for the filtering. Thanks, guys. I'll go back under my rock now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.