Hubitat without internet

Hi i wanna set up a hubitat for a friend,
they dont have internet

i wanna set up a few light switches with timers and atomation nothing major i just want to be able to control it from a web page on the local network

i would like to know what switches i should buy i can have there hotspot for the setup but there wont be internet in that place

can anyone help me out

theres local network wifi there

Have a look at this thread, I'm sure it will answer all your questions - Using HE without internet (but with a wifi router)

3 Likes

You really shouldn't need internet for day-to-day operation, but you might run into some annoyances when you first set it up, or keeping things up-to-date.

The thread @wve linked will give you some ideas for what can be done without Internet. For the switch question I'd consider Inovelli Red series on/off or dimmer switches as you can use the LED to alert for different issues like flashing blue for water leak, flashing yellow for garage door left open, ... also if you can find one, with a Aeon Doorbell gen 5 you can add custom mp3 files and have it play them for issues too. You can also put a variable field on the dashboard and write alerts to it or I think @bptworld has an driver you can write to and have it log on your dashboard.