Hubitat with Nvidia Shield and Logitech Harmony hub

Hi!

I'm designing a smart home and am looking for a locally controlled hub with Zwave.
Hubitat seems like a good option (hoping the app will roll out soon), but since there is no WIFI and no official support is listed - I wonder if I can integrate my Logitech Harmony hub and my Nvidia Shield in my home automation using the Hubitat.

Would appreciate any information on this matter.

Thanks!

Welcome @shunem. Usually Hubitat is connected into your wifi router via a LAN connection, as it doesn't contain a wifi chip. It instead has a Z-Wave and Zigbee radio.

Most of the officially supported products are z-wave/zigbee, with a few local integrations for things like Philips Hue, Lutron, etc, and a few cloud connections like IFTTT, Google Home, Alexa etc. A lot of local integrations use unofficial api methods which the team aren't supporting officially but the community is great at providing ways and means.

Example: [Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20190723

The harmony hub can control the Shield i think, as well as it can host other things like Plex for you to connect to. You won't find these integrations with official support, but the community is fantastic.

Edit: Oh there is an Android and IOS app already as well, which allows for push notifications, geolocation, and access to a control dashboard. Hubitat doesn't use an app to configure the automations, their philosophy is to keep configure and control separate.

4 Likes

Can confirm.

Sure does. Lots of cool community authored and supported "apps" for Hubitat that make the Harmony / Shield combo pretty great.

Not only can you integrate your Shield, but you can use whats playing to control your lighting. When I start a movie, all of the lights in the room go off. When I pause the movie, a few lights go on very dim. When I stop the movie, the lights go on brighter. You can use that info to trigger any other automation you like, or be a condition that prevents other automations from happening.

I run Plex Media Server with Kodi front end on the Shield using PlexKodiConnect add-on for Kodi. Hubitat has a Plex Communicator app that uses webhooks to get the status of the Shield. And the same developer also wrote a Media Scene app. jebbett (Jake) ยท GitHub

1 Like

Thank you all!
Sounds like it can do everything i need :slight_smile: