Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Heck yeah!

The question on lux was more about the sensor being capable of resolving outdoor levels, ie up to at least 6K lux

The sensor can detect outdoor light. I install one outdoor as well. I use it for day vs night condition without issue.

I am not sure about 6K lux reading since I have never try it. However, I would be happy if you are willing to test it for your application.

PM me with your address.

Just got my unit setup last night. Very easy to setup. Thanks for the work on these.

Thank you for letting me know. I am glad the installation went smoothly.

I would love to see a version with a screw terminals so that we can connect other analog sensor. Things I want to try is a ultrasonic sensor to measure distance.

That look like a good idea. Let me check look into this. If it is possible to expose it through one of the zigbee cluster, I would be more than happy to work on it.

1 Like

I want set it up pointing down at my garage parking location to tell me which car is parked in the location.

@iharyadi i hooked up the env sensor to HE again and below is snapshot of state data … the timestamp for each is included. havent seen any devices misbehave but the packet drop, tx fail and retry data continues to climb.

i have both the ST and HE hub running is it possible that that could be causing the issue?

i really like these sensors so wish there was a way to get to the bottom of whats going on here.

thank you.

a few minutes after getting discovered:

Current States: 7/23 19:43
Children : 0
DecryptFailure : 0
Neighbor : 8
PacketDrop : 1
RSSI : -70
ResetCount : 0
TXFail : 52
TXRetry : 47
humidity : 40.45
illuminance : 915
pressureMeasurement : 101.7
temperature : 77

from yesterday:

Current States: 7/24 14:20
PacketDrop : 614
RSSI : -71
TXFail : 1935
TXRetry : 1733
humidity : 42.74
illuminance : 1376
temperature : 77

from a few minutes ago:

Current States: 7/25 18:54
PacketDrop : 1696
RSSI : -73
TXFail : 2293
TXRetry : 2091
humidity : 37.13
illuminance : 1006
temperature : 76

How do you know this is in fact a problem? (Packet loss)

Very nice looking sensor...

had to check i wrote havent and not have. :slight_smile:

@iharyadi, I notice that you're advertising the switch cluster, and have implemented on and off, what does this do?

I saw similar packet drop, tx fail when I had a Orvibo outlet in the network as soon as I removed them the packet drop, tx fail counts dropped to almost nothing.
There may be something in your network causing interference. The Orvibo outlets worked perfectly but were likely also the reason some other devices would drop off.

how did you nail it down to the orvibo device? any way to find that without powering of devices one at a time?

I use them to turn on and off diagnostic data collection(cluster B05). I believe at this moment almost everyone would be interested on this information.

At some point, I want to open the possibility of having DH that does not have the diagnostic information. I can just issue turn off command from DH.

While diagnostic information is useful, it is also cluttering the GUI. This is especially obvious in ST.

1 Like

I did it one device at a time but in hindsight you could look at what is connecting to the environment sensor with your Xbee see if there are any odd transmision levels and start with those first.

@bangali, The only issue that I see on your stat is PacketDrop. We have not been able to narrow down this issue. Packet drop happen in my network as well. However, they are very small. Maybe, I got 1 or 2 in a month.

I can only guess that the packet drop is due to probably interference or weak signal from one of your device. However, there could be other issue that is more specific to your network.

In regard to TXFail and TXRetry, I do have much larger error in my case as well. I do expect this. They are stat from mac level transmission. It is not TX fail at Zigbee APS level. At mac level, wireless communication will have error. At higher level, the protocol will have retry mechanism. All cluster level code probably would not know that there is a drop in packet. Excessive number of TX error can cause delay in packet transmission. However, they have to be excessive.

Based on your yesterday and today data, you have about 200 to 300 mac packet error. I think those are not out of ordinary.

Thank you.

thanks i will give that a shot.

i now have 2 xbees roughly on opposite corners of the house. since putting these in i have not had any zigbee devices drop off including xiaomi devices. general signs are the network seems to be very stable.

as more and more users use these sensors its likely that others will also run in to this issue ... so it would be good to get to the bottom of this.

let me try what @NoWon suggested and see if i can find which devices are routing thru the env sensor and if any of them have odd transmissions.

fair point. if i can nail down the packet drops i would be less worried about the tx stats. lets see how it goes … will update once i have more data.

thanks all.