Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Would be interested in a summary/pictures of that when done.

Welcome to the Hubitat community. It's great to have you.
Happy New Year. :grinning:

I have the same situation in my horse barn as well.
I've been looking for a good sensor to use for it. Most of the commercial ones are extremely expensive.

Hello @iharyadi

I am really interested in sound level detection. Doesn't have to be any particular sound. Is it possible to make a version of this sensor with audio detection? Maybe do a survey to see if others are interested in this feature. I know that @cwwilson08 is.

Many thanks!

@aaiyar,

It looked that below should do the job. You can use the analog input of Hubduino or the Environment Sensor. The impression that I got is that this module will properly present the SPL (sound pressure level) that it sense. This will give us a meter of a sound which we care about as a human.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/dfrobot/SEN0232/8122314?utm_adgroup=Evaluation%20Boards%20-%20Expansion%20Boards%2C%20Daughter%20Cards&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_Product_Development%20Boards%2C%20Kits%2C%20Programmers_NEW&utm_term=&utm_content=Evaluation%20Boards%20-%20Expansion%20Boards%2C%20Daughter%20Cards&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOVYHBDWRBpX5HPpoXGQ_gYmCsKCGBrfq_il-h_kaAs-SN-qBiJ7FPgaApkzEALw_wcB

It is rather expensive. There should be frequency weighted band filter in it. There is a standard for it. The common name of the filter is probably "a weighted filter (something like that)".

There are digital microphones with built in filter that interface with I2S. I think one or two of them may have the standard filter. Using this kind of microphone, you may just need a simple DSP work to integrate the samples within a window to get a standardized SPL measurement. I do not remember anymore which specific digital microphone that have the filter.

You could also take a microphone, amplified it and sample it. You can then measure the integration of the signal within a window. This may not produce a standard SPL value. But, you can detect simple sounds like a clap (sound/no sound).

I hope this help.

1 Like

@aaiyar - There was another user a while back that @iharyadi and I assisted with measuring sound levels. You may find this thread interesting.

3 Likes

By coincidence, i was just looking at an Arduino sound level project.

2 Likes

@iharyadi,

Hi. Is there any chance to add sensor's version with BME680 (it is shown as RES007 by zigbee2mqtt) to zigbee2mqtt? Thank you.

I believe RES007 has already supported in Hubitat. The physical module that is fitted with BME680 need to be installed to the RES007. The BME child module is very hard to made due to BME680 limited availability.

In HE yes. My unit works just great under HE. I'm talking about 'big' zigbee2mqtt and want to use the module under HA.

The issue with HA is the child module. It will be hard to expose it to HA at this moment. My skill to make the HA driver is not very well at the moment.

is it more difficult comparing to RES005? May be it worth adding a request for support of RES007 and provide a statement of the problem in the description?

(I know that I'm whining, but at this point in run HE only because of RES007))

The main sensor itself is not an issue (the RES007). However, exposing the the child BME680 data is not easy for me.

Are you still making/selling these? I bought a few from you some time ago and love them and could use a couple more. I see the item on eBay but only says "Make an offer" and it errors when I click that.

I am not making them at this moment. I have issue getting reasonable pricing for the BME280 sensor.

I have tracking setup for the BME280 pricing. As soon as they come down in price, I will be making them again.

5 Likes

Hi Iman. I have some of your sensors which have always worked well, but I am now moving some of my Zigbee stuff across to Zigbee2MQTT and one of these sensors is one I would like to move

Do you know if anyone has written a Z2M "driver" for this? I think it is called a shepherd on Z2M, but I've only just started using it so I'm not up to the level of writing my own code for it yet. I've tried connecting one and it pairs OK and it detected as a router, but comes up as unsupported so I get no sensor information etc . If nothing is out there, I might have a try at doing my own, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done it.

1 Like

They work just fine with Z2M.

Initially, yes. I suspect you didn't wait for the interview to complete as that's when it will show as

It does take roughly a minute to complete but it depends a lot on where it lands in your mesh and the signal strength it sees. Within a few feet of the controller it will complete the interview in very short time but if it's at the fringe of your mesh it could take a couple minutes.

1 Like

Hi @Geoff_T, if you have the RES005 version, the converter should be built in with Z2M. Unfortunately, if you have other version of Environment Sensor, a custom converter must be created. I don't have a cycle at the moment to support the older version with Z2M.

I had some of the very first batch on general release, (the firmware build date shows as 20180406 in Z2M) so I'm guessing mine are not the RES005 versions.

That is not supported natively in Z2M. However, Z2M support external converter (aka custom driver). The difference between Environment Sensor version is not that much. If you have the time, I think you can make the external converter based on the RES005 converter.

1 Like