Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

I just want to update for those who are following this thread that I made a new variant of this project.

I just want to update everyone here that I have some more modules available in the form of Arduino shield. A couple weeks back, I have Arduino UNO shield with Environment Sensor. Now, it is time for Arduino Mega 2560 to get its shield.

Google Photos

I have some available to share. if you are interested, PM me.

Here is what they can do.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I just want to let you know that I have availability of the Homemade sensors that I have been making. This is the original form factor of the sensor that I have been making.

Today is the official mark from that we are graduated from Homemade stage. The current batch is the first significant batch build by manufacturer. I expect the manufacturing process is superior compared to what I have been able to do in the past.

I have significant quantity ordered. Within reason, I should be able to full fill quantity that you need.

I also want to extend my appreciation to the community and specially to those who had donated/purchased my sensors in the past. I hope you find them useful.

It has been a long thread. If you just read this portion, in summary, the sensor that I have made is a Zigbee Environment Sensor (4 sensors in 1… temperature, humidity, pressure and light). It is expandable where you can control simple IO and Analog sensor. It also has serial port expand-ability which you can use as Thingshield replacement. It is a Zigbee 3.0 repeater with hardware power amplifier for extended coverage. The Zigbee 3.0 compatibility will help to keep those Xiaomi sensor.

Thanks
Iman

9 Likes

Congratulations, Iman. This is a significant step. I'll let you know soon how many more I need.

1 Like

Congrats,

Just curios if you have plans to produce this in a more WAF freindly package? I really like the form factor of the Aeotec multisensor 6, but my house is all zigbee and I would prefer a multisensor like yours, but just in a more attractive package.

1 Like

I probably won't be able to compete with them in term of presentation. It will take a while for me to design and source the enclosure. This is has been a homework for me that I have not been able to take a dent. I know that some member are making 3D printed case. I am not sure that it is WAF approved.

In the area of WAF approval, for short term, while I am not able to make any progress on the aesthetic of the module that I make, I am very excited to open a path for us to use Bluetooth sensor. There are a lot of beautiful Bluetooth devices that I am hopping to connect to the hub. I have made progress. Have you take a look at this.

Xiaomi has a lot of beautiful multi sensor on the Bluetooth side. The thinking is that you can hide my sensor somewhere and then have the Xiaomi placed through out the room. You may need to take a few xiaomi devices to replace the 6 in one. But, it probably more make sense since in some setting, It probably does not make sense to have motion and temperature packaged in the same box.

Thanks
Iman

I had designed an enclosure for these that can be 3D printed. I was concerned they would get damaged by the kids or pets. So far they have been working since his original batch.

The enclosure is on thingiverse my account is ArstenA

2 Likes

Hi iharyadi, how much do you sell these for and where are you based as the shipping may be too expensive for me in South Africa. The main reason I am looking for these is for a LUX measurement to control lighting when it starts to get dark, as well as a repeater for my Zigbee network which I have a few Xiaomi's on.

Hi @greglsh,

The cost of one sensor is $28 shipped to US address. Shipping to South Africa is may be expensive. For USPS, it may be in the range of $15. Please PM me with your address, I can try to estimate the cost.

I use paypal to get the shipping label. There is also an option for UPS. I have never try UPS. But, I can guess that it could cost much more than the cost of the sensor.

Thanks
Iman

@iharyadi
Can I ask for a little change in Environment Sensor driver?

Most of Weather services report "Relative" barometric air pressure
Hardware sensor shows "absolute" pressure

Report from my weather station:
Report from weather service:
Pressure: 1016.3 hPa (30.01 inHg)

Relative pressure depends on the elevation of the device measuring pressure,
pretending pressure is measured at sea level equalize numbers and can be compared to any elevation measured.
It is not universal and has to be calculated by elevation.

can you add formula to the driver to calculate it?
or just add Relative pressure report with a similar adjustment
like is used for
temperature - Adjust the temperature by this many degrees in Celsius

I think this is do able. Let me find a time to make changes and let you know when I have tested it.

Thanks
Iman

if it can report something like this:
that would be awesome

I prefer either kpa or inhg for the adjusted value.

It's pretty simple to change it in code.
Hardware natively giving hPa (hectoPascal) as that is standard reporting in SI unit countries, mostly because obsolete milibars = hectoPascal.
if you do kPa you have to divide value /10 in original device driver is reporting kPa.
I just modified mine to hPa to have all barometers reporting in same units so it is easy to compare it in graphs.

InHg is used probably just in USA by general public or amateur meteorologists. Professional tools always provide SI units, then its converted to colonial or imperial units if there is need for obsolete instruments.

I just update the github to support the Relative pressure. Per one of your suggestion, there is a new setting to enter offset for the relative setting.

Since Zigbee native pressure unit is kPA, the offset must be in kPA.

There is also a new boolean setting that will do conversion to inhg for those who want to have the unit in inhg.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

doesn't seems to be updated

Hmmm, you had very early sensor that I make. Let me back port the code to that version. I will let you know when you can try it.

My setup is does not have those old sensor anymore. You may need to help to test the changes.

Thanks
Iman

over here you making it kPa by (/ 10)
if you leave it native (/1), it will be hPa

but that is easy to change if needed

Yes, I am aware of that. I was a little hesitant to really go full native. I think it makes sense to deal with kPA and inhg. Otherwise, the adjustment will be in 1/10 kPA unit. I did get confused. I decided that lets deal with just kPA only. The code turn to a bit simpler as you indicate. This is just more user facing. I do not want user to think in kPA and 1/10 kPA.

I have updated the old driver as well. Please let me know whether it work for you.

Thanks
Iman

works very vell, thank you

1 Like