Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Original post Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have made an update to this thread. The original thread link is above. I cannot make update on the original thread. Here is an update.

I was recently made aware by a community member that one of the Environment Sensors has a failed component during which he observed a spark. I appreciate the feedback with pictures that allow me to learn more about the failure. This is the first and only report that I am aware of.

The failed component is a capacitor used as a decoupling capacitor. During the component selection, I have selected a capacitor with a rating that is 3 times higher than the operating requirements.

This component is only used on a small number of earlier versions of Environment sensor. If you get the Environment Sensor from ebay(model RES005), the sensor does not contain the said capacitor. This particular component is only used during prototype runs.

If you think that you have the early version of Environment Sensor, feel free to PM me with the pictures of your sensor. I would be able to tell you whether your sensor has this particular component or not. Please note, The failure could be a random defect of the capacitor. Your particular sensor may not experience this type of failure. If you are not comfortable using this particular sensor, I would be happy to refund your payment.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

Send it to me!
:grin:

I love these things and can't have too many.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

To make things short, I found an issue with the Arrival Sensor while making improvement on the future revision of the sensor. I have communicated the issue with the community. There is a short and useful message form a member at another community about liability. If you have read the Arrival Sensor thread, there is no new information. You can skip this update.

I have to make update here since my original Homemade Environment Sensor has been closed.

I want to take this opportunity to make sure that everyone who use my sensor is on the same page. Please use of this sensor is at your own risk".

The sensor is designed as we have seen through out the thread as a "Do it yourself" sensor. There are optional component such as battery that user will have to get themselves. In addition, there are custom expansion that user can add to the sensor capability.

I design the sensor the best I can to be safe to use by myself and community member. If I received any report of issue, I will share it with the community here. A mistake in design or manufacturing can show up later. Again, If I received any report, I will share it with the community here.

If for any reason for any user who use my sensor believe otherwise, I would be happy to offer refund. You can stop using the sensor.

I apologize if this warning sound harsh. It is not my intention to do so. I just want to make sure to clear any miss understanding about this topic. I am aware that many user of my sensor, this and others, what you are getting into. I sincerely appreciate and grateful for your support.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

@iharyadi I'm having an issue that after pairing the hubitat gets the sensors initial values, but then it never updates on it's own after that. Ideas?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.