Hubitat wall mount?

Is there anything to mount the hub to the wall?

Like a purpose-built bracket? Not that I’ve seen.

If I were going to mount my hub on a wall, I’d probably just use a 3M command strip (or two). It’s pretty lightweight.

3 Likes

So C5 hubs don't have slotted holes on the bottom for screws to mount?

No.. I didn't see anything.

I'm thinking of putting this on the ceiling, because it's currently at the lowest point of the house. It appears the higher I go, I'm getting better coverage.

If you have access to a 3D printer, there is one available here. I suspect it is for the C4.

4 Likes

I'd try hitting up Ebay or Amazon for android box mounts. There's got to be something out there that's compatible with the size.

I recently discovered the C5 doesn't have the screw holes for mounting as well. I have 2 C4 models and I was going to put a C5 in my Motorhome but then realized I'd need to attack it with some 3M tape.

Why on earth would they remove those screw slots?

1 Like

Nope, just the venting holes.

I have my C5 mounted to the wall using a single command-strip (vertically, down the middle). Makes it easy to remove if I need to pair stuff (most of my Z-Wave is older and has no NWI). It's not getting warm (yet :slight_smile: )

There's a similar discussion on mounting these things here:

EDIT: Attached a picture of it on the 3M Command strip, just below the wiring closet.

3 Likes

I'm trying to locate the dimensions of the c5 model.

I potentially have access to somebody that has a 3d printer. I may make a mount up.

1 Like

I've used this one in the past for Apple TV Gen 3. One of the nicer mounts available. The way it clips in would work well for ceiling mount. Obviously the dimensions and shape are totally different, but you could have someone base a mount off that one. I would add something to the inside bottom to put a gap in between the bottom of the hub and that mount, so when it clips in, there would be a way for the hub to vent. You'd also want to lose that big tab for a cleaner design.

I just send a note to Jason on Smarthings forum to see if he would print one
for me and if he does I will let you know but his print service is at this address.

1 Like

As an open-invite to everyone, I’m happy to print a part for at-cost of printing and shipping :slight_smile: I’ll even let you choose your colors!

4 Likes

PM sent.

1 Like

I'd love to get one printed from you. Just let me know how much and where to send it. In black, please.
Thanks,
Kelly

C-5 hub? Or C-4 :slight_smile:

It's a C5

How much for 2 C5 ??

Sure! Cost is only ~ $1/unit + Shipping. I will get a batch going today.

While your at it... Id like one as well.

Looks like a batch run. Let me know where to send payment.

Thanks in advance.

I would like to order 2 C-5 and 1 C-4. Let me know how much that I will owe you and how you want to get pay. Thanks