Mostly been lurking and watching YouTube and reading Reddit. Saw this site pinned and came to check it out.
There are many things I'm excited about with Hubitat. On Reddit, it seems most people recommend doing HomeAssistant over anything else because it is very customizable and open source. My concern with HA is that I'm not a coder and don't want to spend my life fiddling with this. I'm interested in having a smarter home but I just want it to run smoothly without too much tinkering. Few questions...
- what are the main issues that spouses or other non-techy house mates have with Hubitat? (This is a big concern for me, reason I'm in the Lutron Caseta fan club - switches don't break the routines of others)
- if you weren't using Hubitat, what hub would you recommend and why?
- how soon is the "app" coming (specifically to iOS)? How much of the lack of an app is an issue given the dashboard?
- what are your biggest issues with Hubitat?
- I'm not that deep in the smart home world (yet), so far I have several Lutron Caseta switches, some TP Link outlets (ready to switch to zwave), Alexa, nest cams (not in love with but were gifted to me), and a recent Ring doorbell pro (wasn't my preferred doorbell but I got a great deal during a flash sale). I currently don't have a hub and use the individual apps. I know Lutron works well and I know there are many items out there that CAN work with Hubitat, but can you give me a list of some of the BEST COMMONLY USED items that work PERFECTLY with Hubitat? Planning on doing some work in the house and if I start with Hubitat I'd like to buy the most reliable items, not ones that I can cuddle with to make work.
Thanks in advance!