Hubitat.uk - Now Cobra-Apps.co.uk - Now Open!

I am struggling with the super tile. I am trying to build a tile for the solaredge device.

The first screen shot shows the device as a child device under a device of type 'virtual container'. Where does that come from?

Not sure if that matters. I selected the attribute 'energy_lifetime' but in the tile, I get 'null'. I also tried with an extra spacebar on that as in some places it seems there might be a spacebar 'energy_lifetime ' but both result in null on the super tile.

Here is an attempt at line 2 with some fixed text. That works, but the attribute does not come in.

With my contact sensors I just opened and closed each one and they updated. I'm guessing it's similar.
:slight_smile:
Anything you can "toggle" from the driver ??

1 Like

just 'Force Poll'. Which I tried. And as expected it updated attributes. but no change on the tile. :frowning:

I'm also trying to setup solar Edge and a super tile, but am struggling with installing the super tile child app, keep getting 404 error when choosing to install the child app. So a few steps behind you. Was able to setup the solar Edge part fine. Have you got all the solar Edge attributes displaying fine under that device's page?

yes. did you fill in the first field, the API URL, and of course ensure your site ID and API key are working?

It took a few minutes for it to start updating for me, but it did work without issue.

1 Like

Sorry, the solar Edge bit worked fine, it's the tile bit I'm struggling with.

I definitely have my "existing password" filled in, but the site is telling my otherwise... it lies :frowning:

This was clicking the "activate" email link btw

Turns out if you follow the steps to install the super tile it works...:slightly_smiling_face:. Only thing I think indie differently was to add the parent app code, install the parent app and then add the child code and install a child app. Initially when I was getting the 404 I tried adding both sets of code before installing the parent app, not sure if this makes a difference...?

1 Like

Thanks @kraig109. I was also able to see my results come through on a tile. Perhaps the delay you saw was a combination of the polling on the solar Edge device along with the polling interval of the child super tile display device?

sorry keeps saying authentification failed.
I click forgotten password, get the email for the new one, try again, same deal.
Tried 3 times.

Did you @stevebott123 click the link in the password reset email to actually reset the password?

1 Like

my reading skills are sub-par and my clicking too fast.
thank you

2 Likes

No worries, only relying on experience for that advice...:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Have you tried just using the new password anyway?

Hi have to get used to these Cobra member emails. Obviously we are all on edge because of the Corona virus and people are losing their jobs. In the states if you lose your job you can retain your insurance through a system called Cobra. Every time I get a Cobra member email my first thought is, "oh crap, I've been let go from my job". Needless to say, your emails get a lot of my attention.

6 Likes

In the UK, the emergency response committee is also called Cobra
I wonder what Brits are thinking when they get our system emails :slight_smile:

It's good to know that people are getting the emails though :slight_smile:
If you prefer not to be freaked out.. you can always opt-out from them under the 'Members Tools' on the site.

Andy

3 Likes

It did cross my mind when I saw the first email................ :laughing:

3 Likes

I suppose I can understand why everyone is copying me.. it's a cool name :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Cobra, did I read somewhere you are working on an Ambient Weather Device or app, skipping WU? I’d love that option.

I used to have a driver setup for Weewx but I haven't looked at that for a long time
If the ambient device can feed into weewx then it can be done
I would just need to look at the driver and strip out the WU stuff

I believe @anon61068208 did this at one time.
Scott do you still have the version you did?