Hubitat support for Lutron L-BDG2-WH

I found this article from last year:

I just bought the C8 Pro, and I'm starting to transition my IoT devices from Home Assistant/HAOS.

Since my bridge model isn't listed under the Lutron Bridge device add wizard, I am guessing it's still only the Pro that's supported.

But then I have to wonder, if HA supports it, is there a reason it can't work with Hubitat?

The Lutron non-Pro bridge uses LEAP protocol to communicate with a controller. Hubitat doesn't have LEAP capability. The Pro has Telnet capability in addition to LEAP. Hubitat does have Telnet capability.

For whatever reason Lutron has not broadened official LEAP integration capabilities past a few major partners. Home Assistant's LEAP integration is reverse engineered. Hubitat has chosen not to develop a reverse engineered integration.

5 Likes

Ok, so unlikely to ever receive official support, then, thank you for the exceptional problem detail.

Any thoughts on how I might approach the reverse engineer approach myself? I'm excited about the Hubitat, but my home came with the Lutron stuff built in, and a Caseta Pro 2 is about the same cost as my C8.

Kinda also wondering if, since HA's stuff is open source, it wouldn't be easy to adapt what's already been done...

I don't think staff have ever said that. Doesn't RA3 now use only LEAP? Either way, staff don't reveal their plans nor progress toward things like this.

You could consider using [RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB) to bring these into Hubitat.

You could take a chance on the listing below. A lot of times these "for parts only" listings are just people who don't want to take the time to figure it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.