Hubitat Suddenly doesn't communicate with Zigbee Devices anymore?

What channel is your Zigbee radio set to? Peanut Plugs do not like higher numbered Zigbee channels. Channel 20 has worked well for most users' devices.

1 Like

Go to this link (replacing ipaddr with your hubs IP address). Post the result here please.

http://ipaddr/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Modem Plug, 4A7F], LQI:23, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[DrGsCloud Plug, 8D08], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Router Plug, C874], LQI:56, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

"Modem Plug" and "Router Plug" have a very poor Link Quality Indicator. Try removing them, then shut the hub down for 20 minutes. Turn it back on and see if some devices can be joined. If they can, then you have some bad repeaters. On the surface it looks as if you definitely do, but let's reserve that determination for when we have more information.

But here's the good thing. Your hub Zigbee radio isn't completely dead. If after 20 minutes off, you are able to pair some devices, then you can either re-pair all the devices (without those repeaters) or you can wait until tomorrow and see if some of the devices choose that one "DrGsCloud Plug" or the hub as their route.

1 Like

im having my doubts. I removed 1 device (a peanut plug) and reset it and the Hubitat still can't find it even though its right next to it.

I also reset my singled light strip finally. removed it as well. and it is in pairing mode and the Hubitat can't find it.

when you say shut down, im shutting it down. and then unplugging it and plugging it back in to turn it on correct?

But the neighbor table shows me that "DrGsCloud Plug" is connected. If all your devices for some reason were trying to connect through those two plugs that appear to be faulty, or at least misbehaving seriously, then you will see the effect your getting.

Yes. Unplugging and re-plugging is the only way to start it back up once it shuts down.

Some light reading while you wait :wink:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Zigbee_Logs

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Join_and_Reset_Instructions#Third_Reality

just tried turning off/on drgscloud plug. it sits on sending. This specific plug is 1 foot from the Hubitat. Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 12.18.44 PM

Even if I try to turn it off via the devices menu. it doesn't change states.

I think my Hubitat is f***ed. and im ready to chuck it across the street

just did a restore to before this all came up. still no luck. both devices sit on sending.

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65535]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[DrGsCloud Plug, 8D08], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Router Plug, C874], LQI:39, age:6, inCost:7, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

Breath. It's an electronic device. We don't have enough information to confirm if the Zigbee radio has failed. I understand you're frustrated, but I know from being on this hub (I own three of them) and this forum, for over two years, that it is not at all common for the Zigbee radio to fail. The components for the Zigbee and Z-Wave radio are similar or identical to what other manufacturers put in their hubs.

You can easily have this problem with another hub. Sometimes electronics just fail, but I don't see the hub as the culprit right now. I see two plugs that need to be physically removed from power if that wasn't clear. Don't use a Hubitat Dashboard for troubleshooting by the way. Always troubleshoot device functionality from the devices page.

Probably best to physically remove all the repeaters until you get to the bottom of this. You probably need them depending on the size of your house, but at this point (again with not much info to go on), this looks like you have two bad repeaters and that can screw up everything on the Zigbee network.

Why is Router plug still connected? LQI of 39 is horrible.

1 Like

just frustrated is all. I appreciate the help.

unplugged everything except for the 2 light switches and the drgscloud plug which is right next to the Hubitat

shut it down for 20 minutes

turned it back on. used the devices page to turn off the plug. nothing happens. state remains the same. honestly don't know what else to do

Parent child parameters

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[DrGsCloud Plug, 8D08], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Garage Light Switch, D40C] via [null, 0000]

I would try unplugging everything that is mains driven. These devices can repeat and if one is faulty, as has been said above, it can cause issues.
Power down hub and unplug zigbee stick, if you have one.
Plug stick back in, power up hub.
Now try and pair a battery driven zigbee device.
You need to take out of the equation anything that can repeat in case this is the cause of your issues.

2 Likes

I may go to factory settings and start fresh. if it doesn't pick up a zigbee device im going to contact Hubitat.

The zigbee radio went offline it wasn't any of the devices. *in my case not sure about others. Since my shutdown and restart all still is normal for me anyway.

Not a bad way to go but try connecting a zigbee battery device first. Just to prove that you can.

But why? My Zigbee radio doesn't just go off-line. Something (likely a faulty or misbehaving device) caused it.

Depower zigbee devices especially DrGsCloud then try adding a battery device close to the hub

1 Like

LOL. Wrong guy. It's @davidgoderre that has DrGsCloud.

Someone change their icon color. I'm getting confused now! :rofl:

1 Like

O well, unplug everything eveyone, get an IKEA plug and plug it in

1 Like