Hubitat status msg to G Home Hub?

I recently added some Google Home Hubs around the house. Does anyone know of a way to send a status message about a device on Hubitat to Google Home Hub to be displayed on screen? Not a broadcast that would be output from the speaker ...

I'd like to emulate/duplicate the kind of message I can send to my phone using Pushover.

Idea?

1 Like

I really like this idea. Not sure how to do it on the Google Home Hub, though... :thinking:

I believe it would be interesting to add a new “Notification Tile” to the Hubitat Dashboard that supports the Notification capability. This tile could display the last notification string sent to it. @patrick, what do you think?

1 Like

Interestingly...when I use the cast web to send messages to google home...my home hub displays a blank screen whit the "chromecast" icon in the middle. Presumably because it's getting audio with no graphic (music/video) theoretically I'm guessing a graphic could be sent!

I would definitely use the feature on my Home Hub if it were available... Text would be most flexible, but sending a pic/graphic could work for many applications too.

I noticed last night that when the Google Hub receives a broadcast, it now displays the text of the broadcast on the screen.

2 Likes

Interesting. How long does it display for? Can you define that time before it disappears?

Looks like about 15 seconds. Don't see anyway to set a time for it.

1 Like