Hubitat Saves the Day! πŸ‘

Had the plumber do some pipe work at the condo this morning (while the water was off). When they restored water at the building the pipe began leaking while nobody was home. Fortunately, Hubitat sent me a text message
10%20PM
And I was able to contact the building manager to shut off the water.

Not sure why HSM reported Water Alert on my August lock :joy:

The leak occurred for about 30 minutes which partially flooded the apartment...without Hubitat it would have been much worse (potentially leak into neighboring units).

11 Likes

That's great that Hubitat was able to save the day!

I have the Dome water shut off valves on both my main and hot water lines. I highly recommend them as they work great and I have mine set up to shut off the water automatically if a leak is detected. I've tested them several times with wet towels.

2 Likes

A water valve was near the top of the list of reasons I decided to install SH tech in our home. I have a Leaksmart 1" valve (zigbee) to go in the utility room as my next project.

Unfortunately don’t have access to the main water valve. I think they have one valve for multiple units (all utilities are included).

At home (still on ST) I have a leak gopher on the main water valve and a Dome on the fire sprinklers

Oh that sucks. I thought the code in most jurisdictions requires a separate one for each living space. Every apartment/condo I've seen has some sort of shut off for each unit, because it's required if you ever need to do any kind of plumbing work (IE: Something as basic as replacing a shower valve) It may not be considered a "main" valve but it should shut off the water to your own faucets and such. If not: I would definitely add one, it's well worth the expense if and when an emergency occurs.

Literally have the water shut off every other week because of this...it’s an old building from the 60s