Hubitat Safety Monitor (HSM) - Is This How Audio Works?

,

I poked around the documentation and tried setting up a few things. Before I go off and reinvent the wheel, can folks confirm the following:

  • HSM does not have the ability to signal a sound on a device during the arming delay?
  • HSM does not have the ability to signal a sound ... during the intrusion delay?
  • HSM can play a sound after the intrusion delay, but only for whatever the sound device has configured for siren (i.e. - The specific sound to play can't be picked)
  • Is the assumption by HSM that a keypad would play arm/disarm sounds?

What have folks done to provide more audio control when a keypad isn't being used to arm/disarm?

I'm using Automation Rules to control the sounds e.g., when HSM is activated, the rule sends a voice announcement to my Alexa devices that the alarm system will be activated in 30 seconds. If an intrusion is detected, a rule sends out a voice announcement to Alexa that an intrusion has been detected, and that the alarm siren will go off in 15 seconds if HSM is not deactivated. Hubitat has recently introduced Bluetooth integration, so audio can now go to any Bluetooth device.

That's a good use of Alexa/audio hubs. I don't have that available for my setup unfortunately.

I didn't realize they had started to support bluetooth. Docs ( Bluetooth Integration | Hubitat Documentation ) say its only on C-8 Pro. I'm still on a C-7 Hub, so I'll have to ponder if it makes sense to upgrade.