Hubitat reviews locked on amazon?

Wow, a first post reply to an '18 thread.
Welcome, indeed.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that you may not like to search our forum for answers. If you prefer, you can post any questions you may have and staff and active members alike will be glad to point you in the right direction.

Regarding phone support, while some may appreciate it, in reality is not an effective channel in today's technical environment. Most inquiries require further investigation on our side that goes beyond a reasonable waiting time on a phone call. For how-to type questions, following a written guide is much faster than someone trying to walk you through a process while on the phone. For these reasons we don't offer phone support. If you prefer private interactions, we offer private messaging here in the community or email via support.hubitat.com, as you correctly pointed out.

5 Likes

Ok, it won't connect. I have followed the steps correctly. Ethernet first then into my xfinity hub/modem. Then power blue then green. Tried find hub, no luck. Tried the advanced option with no luck.

First make sure that you are trying to discover the hub from a device that is connected to the same local network. If you confirm that the device is connected to the same network, then you may be dealing with a hardware malfunction. I would try replacing the Ethernet cable. If that doesn't work, then check the private message I am sending you and provide your hub's MAC address so we can further investigate.

3 Likes

I'm connected to the same local network. Tried the cable that came with the device and my own.

Do you have any special firewall policies that otherwise may block the hub's access to your network? Have you tried to set up a static IP? It looks like your hub briefly connected then it appears to have dropped off. Does the hub show any LED lights, currently?

2 Likes

Where did you buy your hub from? Was it an Amazon Warehouse deal?

If the hub was an Amazon return, it is possible it needs a network reset as described in the Hubitat documentation. I’ve linked to the relevant page below. Amazon is also known to repackage and send returned hubs back out. Another situation that would need a network reset.

2 Likes

MAC:34E1D181997F

I have many smart home devices and 3 other hubs. And have had no problems connecting them.

Green led

It is not a return

And you know this because?

(Not being facetious; there have been multiple incidents when Amazon has sent out returned hubs as new ones)

I would try doing the network reset anyway, it cannot hurt anything: Network Setup | Hubitat Documentation

Basically, hold the hidden button for 7+ seconds, let go. Blue LED will flash and then hub reboots. All it does is clear out any prior networking config and reset it to DHCP defaults.

5 Likes