Hubitat Package Manager - trouble with Login security

I'm trying to get Package Manager working... I imported it successfully but when I run the app I'm told that I need to turn on security. Which I did. But now it's asking for the admin login and password. I hadn't at this point created any logins... So, I entered the hubname and password I set. No good. I used my Email address and password I used in setting up Hubitat, no good. I created a new user login and password and login in with that new account and tried that, but I still get:

Error logging in to hub
An error occurred logging into the hub. Please verify your Hub Security username and password.

I'm now at a loss. Is the new login account name and password I just created not an admin login? Prior to adding this new login name, Hubitat would simply start without credentials. I'm confused now... I've doubled checked the spelling and capitalizations and such. where can I find the login name HPM is asking for? Other than this dumb hickup... I'm loving Hubitat so far!!!

Chances are you haven’t turned on Hub Security, so try using HPM with the Hub Security setting set to disabled.

2 Likes

I think I did have it turned on... but I turned it off and tried again as per your suggestion

and in HPM I get

Error logging in to hub

An error occurred logging into the hub. Please verify your Hub Security username and password.

This setting in HPM

must agree with this one in Hub Login Security

2 Likes

That screen where you circle "hub security Enabled"... I don't have that screen... where did that come from?

My screen looks different...
And I still get this error when I continue with this selected with no Hub Security

It’s under the Package Manager Settings (bottom of HPM’s main screen)

Well... maybe I have get through that matching process before I can get to the Main screen... but I can't because each time it tells me I have to go through some matching process and then I get the error message about the login name and password. I don't get those settings you posted because I can't get that far in the process!

With both of those turned off, try rebooting the hub and then retry HPM.

2 Likes

I deleted HPM and rebooted the hub. After the reboot, I turned Login Security back on in the Hub settings. Re-installed HPM and turned Login security on in the App. The Matching process did its thing and HPM is now installed. I think the issue was, I needed to re-boot Hubitat after turning on Login security and creating a Login name for the first time. And now HPM is working. Thank you so much for your patience and help... much appreciated!

1 Like

If you turned on Hub Security just to get HPM installed, then that wasn't necessary. You can run HPM without security enabled.

3 Likes