Hubitat out of inventory?

After 3 years my Hubitat has been getting flaky and dying for no particular reason a couple of times a week. I have to power cycle it to reset it. I was looking to buy a replacement but they're not available on Amazon or their website. Is this permanent or are they coming back soon?

So many wink converts, so little hub inventory. :rofl:

Welcome, 3 years and no community interaction, your missing out on all the fun!

6 Likes

In case you hadn't been following the news, Wink just gave their users an ultimatum that was left with a lot of people leaving there and flocking to other HA platforms.

I sincerely doubt that Hubitat is going out of business at this time, and the lack of product is due to a combination of supply chain issues from COVID-19 and this massive demand on their product.

2 Likes

Hello S111,

I would think that given the current situation, it is more of a supply chain issue. You would need a reply from someone who works for Hubitat, but my suspicion is that devices are not available because hubs are held up in manufacture and/or shipment because of the Covid-19 situation.

Edit: I am also wondering if the delay is because of the rumored C7 hub. C4 and C5 hubs may be in short supply and C7 hubs (if that is a reality) have likely not yet arrived in stock.

1 Like

Hubitat hasn't been out for 3 years. Has only been out for about 2 (came out 1/2018).

That said, I think it is just low on stock - not going out of business.

3 Likes

Temporary work-around. Load Hub Rebooter and schedule a reboot (vice power cycle) every night at 2 or 3AM (depending on your sleep schedule). You can also do this using rule machine (without security).

1 Like

Of course, you may need to do a soft reset. Search around the blog for that process. Dave

One should actually be very careful to avoid the 2-3am window, as this is when the Hub automatically performs its nightly maintenance. If you're going to schedule automatic reboots, I would aim for 1am or 4am. just to avoid colliding with the automatic maintenance/backup schedules.

3 Likes

Does the same recommendation apply to the running of a backup script (one that creates and downloads a backup)?

Probably safest to avoid that same window of time.

1 Like

I am not sure how much "maintenance" is performed during a reboot, but a backup is usually taken each time the hub is properly rebooted via the settings menu. This has been the case for as long as I can recall.

2 Likes

Sorry others will have to delay their Wink transition. It's been a blast playing with all the features.

However, it does make me feel better about missing the sale price by 24 hours, but deciding to buy at the higher price anyway. Hubitat warned about impending inventory issues in responding to the price hike. I decided to heed the warning.

Don

3 Likes

A reboot checks the DB for integrity, which might cause the Hub to 'recover' to one of the backup DB. I'm not sure I'd call that 'maintenance' but it is more than just doing a backup on reboot.

3 Likes
4 Likes

We, your loyal fans and customers, would like an update.

I have a new home to automate and NEED to get something very soon. I want it to be a Hubitat, but I'll investigate other options if it's going to be a while before they are available.

Can you give us any more info?

They gave an update in June.

2 Likes

Well, they updated the main Hubitat.com products web page today to reflect the new C-7 model... so that's a little bit of progress. My guess is that they would not be getting their web storefront updated unless the release of the new hub was very soon.

1 Like

Talk about being in hot demand; sold out before its even hit the market :smiley:

3 Likes