Hubitat.orbisds

Never saw this until the last 30 minutes. Just reading different things on this forum and 4 times my malwarebytes has flagged "Potential threat blocked. The following website appears malicious. hubitat.orbisds.c". I left the om off com so it would not appear as a link. It has not stopped any thread from opening and I have not seen anything that has the word "orbisds" in it. Can someone tell me what it is?

Well it just did it again when I posted this and I do see the word orbisds in the address. Has not blocked the page fro opening. Guess I should tell malwarebytes it is safe?

Yes, probably a good idea to let them know it’s safe.

Out of curiosity, on what browser and OS is this happening? I’ve never seen that before…

@Sebastien Chrome browser, Windows 11 Home. Same PC I have been using and it just started this evening

Thanks - The link you are showing is odd though… the community is at community.hubitat.com. I’ve never heard of orbisds… Maybe that’s the issue?

Malwarebytes Browser Guard is giving me the same warning about "hubitat.orbisds.c*m" being blocked for malware.

1 Like

Are you sure you’re connecting to the community.hubitat.com link?

I know what it is. Will fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

4 Likes

Thanks

Anyway @Sebastien Look at what this page looks like on the title. Never saw that before

1 Like

Please refresh the page and let me know if it's gone.

1 Like

Yup.

1 Like

Loaded fine now. Thanks for the quick fix.

2 Likes

Just chiming in on malwearebytes.

It is my go to when I think any system I have been asked to assist with when I need to rule out malware due to odd behaviour. But I install it, run it, then get rid of it.

On win 11, defender should be all you need.

Nice recent video rating the options out there.

Just seeing that thumbnail for the video... I know someone who is obsessed with putting avast (free) on every PC he works on for people. I had someone bring me two computers that were so slow you could barley open the start menu. Uninstalled Avast and did some other minor cleanup and it was good as new, snappy again. Granted they were not anywhere close to a new PC, but far from obsolete for basic tasks. The person was ready to trash the things they were so slow. Avast was for sure the main culprit, no idea what it was doing but it was terrible.

I said keep windows defender enabled and don't click on stupid stuff, you should be fine.

Same!

1 Like

It’s amazing but this is honestly the number one cause of infection.

I remember when avast was the new light weight option on the block and I recommended it to everyone. I don’t remembered how long ago that was but I am think 15+ years. I just did a little googling and I am surprised to read that

“ As of 2017, Avast is the most popular antivirus vendor on the market,[4] and it had the largest share of the market for antivirus applications.[5] “

1 Like

As true as this is, some people will continue to do stupid stuff no matter how many times they’re reminded not to…

2 Likes

As someone that just sat through the results from last quarters phishing email testing at a very large company, I can agree with that.

These people are specifically trained on what to look for, and what to do, but they still click sometimes... Somewhat in their defense, in the business space the phishing emails are spectacularly clever these days.

4 Likes

I did not fall for a test phishing email at work recently.

My boss did.

:rofl:

5 Likes

You can also get very high click rates (if that is what you are going for) by doing an Amazon related phishing email during/right before the holidays. :wink:

2 Likes