Hubitat not reporting Philips Hue bulbs last state

While this is exactly what I do to so I dont have to rely on polling the hue hub, in your case you should try to resolve the issues you are seeing...you may see other inconsistencies until it's fixed.

Do you have anything special in your network configuration? Are both the Hue hub and HE hub plugged into the same switch?

Yeah banning hue use wouldn't popular with kid and wife as I have not recreated all his scenes in Hubitat yet, and harder to re-create them when the polling isn't happening the direction needed to capture. Also wife using wake up and stuff in hue and not changing right away cause Hue was here first and gotten used to a bit.

Network solid and simple. All devices that interact with Hubitat (and many more) are on static IP's or DHCP reserved. Both Hubitat and Hue Hub 2nd Gen are plugged into the same switch, a Tp Link unmanaged TL-SG108 my router is Asus RT-AC3100 running merlins latest firmware.

your Hubitat has static ip too I guess right? why don't you try this
unassign the static ip on the bridge side, delete hue integration app, reboot hubitat, assign new static ip to hue bridge (different than other one you had previously), install the app.
at this time, it's not science anymore, just trial and error

The other thing you can also try is remove one hue bulb from HE and add it back again. Just hoping some kind of network magic repair.

you know what that could be what fixed my issue. I remember adding a bulb to HE, I usually don't add bulbs but the groups instead, I added one bulb just to look at HE behavior, then everything worked all of the sudden (well I assigned static ip to Hue bridge at same time as well, so not sure what really fixed the problem)

Thank-You for the help as I fumble around this strange behavior.

Yes Hubitat is on a static IP. After playing around and updating dashboards and rules I see I have fixed syncing Hue app to Hubitat for individual Hue bulbs Yay. This was not working before so I have solved whatever was wrong in that regard, just not sure why it took 6 tries.

What was making me mistaken is that The Hubitat Groups Dimmers I have made to group the multiple hue bulbs in Ceiling fixtures into one control is not being updated. I update state in hue app and the two individual bulbs update within the 10 second poll I am set at for testing but the Hubitat "Groups 2.0" I have created in "Groups and Scenes" app does not update ... in this case dimmer state eg in this test dashboard, Hubitat group (on left) not updated after adjusting dimmer level in Hue app.

But in reverse adjusting the group control on left updates individual lights Hubitat side and all lights Hue app side. Perhaps I screwed up making group in some way. I usually don't have individual bulbs in dashboards so really I need the groups syncing hue side changes not so much individual hue devices.

Getting closer lol

I would highly recommend you create the group in the Hue app and then add the Hue Group to He via the integration app. Doing it this way should allow updates to reflect in both systems. I know the behavior you are describing was considered "normal" a while back and was one of the reasons I chose to do my groups this way. That may have changed with an update, but from what you described above, it does not appear to be the case.

One caveat. The Hue app only allows grouping as rooms, at least iOS. Other 3rd party apps can create non-room groups.

True, but I group them logically in Hue instead of by actual room.

Eg.
Den Lights (6 overhead BR30's that I would like to turn on/off/dim together)
Den Lamps (2 bulbs I would like to turn on/dim together)

They are in the same room, but I separated them by function.

Yes this would solve it. I was thinking of Hue app groups as rooms and I prefer groups as fixtures or functions. Also I figured running groups in Hubitat would be native and better also perhaps being able to combine groups of hue and non hue devices. Surprises me that Hubitat see's individual bulbs change state but doesn't update it's native group relating to said bulbs....

That said your post got me thinking that I can just name Hue app groups by fixture and delete my native Hubitat ones and I will be solved for my current device selection.

Will be great being able to roll out Hubitat dashboards to the family, main holdup was the fact half the time dashboard was not reflecting actual hue device states. Thank-you for the help everyone, sorry to completely jack the thread but was on topic and current, hope it helps some other noob like me.

1 Like

Sorry to re-open this thread
I started having problems again, I don't know if it's a glitch from a software update or what
changing the hue lights using the app doesn't get translated into HE, I tried all kind of polling interval, tried hitting refresh, even deleted hue integrated app (on HE) but still nothing
Last time someone suggested setting static ip to the hue bridge and I thought that did it to me however this time it's not working, tried setting another static ip but still nothing
Anyone having similar issues?
Thx

Any hue bulb owner around ?
I appreciate your help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.