Hubitat Mobile App Released

Working for me.
Got it to send a test message through the device in the UI.
Just defined a simple trigger to send me a message when I leave/arrive.
EDIT: When I move my location outside of my geofence in the app, it notifies me immediately. Great.
Now I can get rid of Locative, Life360 and Tado presence!!!!!!!

2 Likes

If we use Google to sign in to our hub\account what do we use to sign in to the new Android app. Don't see a way for doing OAuth to sign in on mobile.

3 Likes

Found a possible issue with GeoFencing. I installed the app and it would never populate the new device. Looking at the debug info, it showed me outside of the Geofence although by the map I was smack dab in the middle of it. Waited almost 30 minutes for the device to populate and it never did.

On a whim, I disabled WiFi and within a minute or two, my device showed up in Devices. Don't know if that was the trigger or it was coincidental. Additionally, debug info now showed me inside the Geofence area.

Scott

Looks like you need to convert your account as per the details in the link in the 3rd post (won't let me post it again).

3 Likes

If you use google, amazon or facebook you will need to migrate your account to a Hubitat Account using an email and password Hubitat Portal

2 Likes

Just helping @gavincampbell... this is what he was referring to, basically :slight_smile: :

2 Likes

The new device is created on a geoEvent. This should happen fairly quickly depending on the phone. However you can force a geoEvent in settings and that will create the device.

4 Likes

Changed your thread title since it's both iOS and Android.

So if I want to install this on my wife's phone, do I just log in with my credentials or do we have a way to create other users?

1 Like

Either way. You can create new accounts on the new portal portal.hubitat.com and add them to your hub.

7 Likes

getting this now after creating new password.

Didn't know the test portal existed :slight_smile: thanks!

I cant find it in the apple app store

What browser and system?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hubitat/id1367244704 store takes awhile to fully propagate the search databases

2 Likes

Using Android and Notifications app, setup simple text message to my phone as shown in the device list, when the front door opens.

Not getting notification message. Notification enabled for Hubitat app. Nothing in logs

Nothing showing in Settings > Notifications List ?

I don't have Settings > Notifications List in my Android App. Am I missing something??

Notifications App

Android 9 (pie)
I have Apps & notifications