Hubitat Mobile App Released

It's the minimum spec Apple will allow.

So, I did the migration. Got a temporary password. Put in a permanent password.
Now, it still won't let me sign in!

How are you guys/gals moving your device outside the geofence to test? From the app, when I select my device and drag it, it moves my fence and not just me

Android, v9 if that matters?
Rick

I was a beta tester. I physically tested the edges of the zone.

Logged into the app properly on Android (Pixel 2XL). Not seeing my phone created as a device in my hub's UI. How long is it supposed to take before I can use it as a notification device?

Same here. Pixel 2 XL on Android Pie. No notification list. Only Notification settings from Android Settings that @arnb posted earlier.

@patrick

Thanks for the release! I know you are getting bombarded!

FYI, I have 2 homes with hubs, when using the IOS app, I go to "settings" then to "select hub" and select my other remote location. When I head back to the "Dashboard" button on the app, it is still showing the original locations dashboards.. If I log out of the app and log back in it will switch to the correct location. So, not sure if the dashboards are supposed to switch when you select a different hub, or if you have to log out and then back in to switch? If this is so what is the "Select hub" for?? maybe just confusing verbiage...

You followed the password requirements?

Some one suggested turning off your WiFi and it is created almost immediately.

Try turning off Wifi on your phone, a few of us did that and the new devices was created within a few seconds, then turn Wifi back on

Rick

Did that.

I have a Pixel 2XL as well. I could not get my device to show up until after I disabled WiFi. Once I did this, it took a couple of minutes if not sooner. Also hit Send Geo Event too.

After it setup, and renabled WiFi, it worked and was pretty accurate when I left and arrived.

Did you send a GeoEvent from the app?

In settings click the "send Geo Event"

Indeed, I did.

Works in landscape on iPad.

You can see the event log history in the hub web ui. or via dashboard you can view the event history of a presence device to see recently sent notifications.

iOS has an early option to see Notifications which is not currently available in Android.

Yeah, it should "just work"

Currently you can switch hubs if they are on the same account. It's in settings. This will be expanded on down the road and be more visible, but right now the vast majority of people have one hub, so at launch we focused on supporting that paradigm first.

Yes, the last dashboard is cached. So you need to pull down to refresh to get the new dashboard menu. This will improve in later releases.

3 Likes

Former Wink user here:

While I created a dashboard for my lights while setting up HE, I've never used it - HE does everything I need using RM automations, or Alexa voice commands.

I downloaded the app today - and am blown away at how fast dashboard lighting control is!

3 Likes

But of course!

I respectfully disagree.

The general consensus is 100m is the minimum that is effective, but it depends on the hardware and the conditions. There is no minimum that is governed by Apple, that I'm aware of, it's up the developer to chose a reliable minimum. On average most apps start with 200m. Which is roughly 3 times less than that which is currently in the app.

The specific threshold distances are determined by the hardware and the location technologies that are currently available. For example, if Wi-Fi is disabled, region monitoring is significantly less accurate. However, for testing purposes, you can assume that the minimum distance is approximately 200 meters.

1 Like

I would actually like the option to do a geolocation bigger.
3 times what it does. just for the wife's phone

1 Like