Hubitat mobile app - dashboard does not load

Ah yes the good old WAF (Wife Approval Factor). I have found a good balance of WAF focused automations keep her onboard. SHMBO most enjoys...

Closet strip lights activated by contact sensor
"Laundry done" notification sent to SMS and Echo dots
Garage door opener automated on presence detection.

Good luck with the addiction, I mean hobby.

1 Like

Same !!! I moved off ST , and I am just now getting in to this

I currently started in the foyer and automating the hell out of it

Another new Hubitat user here from Wink. I'm glad I found this thread because this problem was driving me crazy. My local dashboards were loading through the Android app but very slowly (15-20 secs) compared to loading in Chrome on the same phone.

It is fixed in the beta release and the dashboards in-app are now loading as quickly as in Chrome (1-2 secs).

2 Likes

Welcome to HE, you will enjoy the community here !

I have had the same issues as described above. My wife and I both have Pixel 3a phones and neither one will load the dashboard when on the same WiFi as the hub. When I try to select the hub again through settings I tells me that the hub is not available / unresponsive despite being able to access it without issues with my Windows 10 computers.

I have a new Hubitat and cannot bring up the dashboard on my iPhone. Same error, Hubitat not available.

Second, is the iPhone supposed to be a device on the Hubitat?

Well never mind. I guess I assumed there would be a default dashboard. I added a dashboard and now I can access it.

3 Likes

Sorry to res what seems to be a very old thread, but I've got this issue and so I'm wondering if this hasn't been patched still?

I can access the dashboard outside of my local network, but not when inside it. It also looks like you can switch Wi-Fi back on whilst you're in the dashboard display, and it'll carry on working for a while even if you close the app and re-open it.

Anyone got a solution to this? It was May 2020 that the beta was released that fixes this issue, I'm presuming that version is mainstream by now but I have this exact issue. The dashboard won't load if I'm on the local network, but if I get off the WiFi or select the hub in settings and go back, the dashboard works fine.

I don't think this is very common, nor do I think that this issue is the same cause as way back in 2020. There have been numerous updates to the hub since that time, so it would be unusual for a bug to have gone unnoticed or not fixed for nearly 3 years.

Can you check these settings in the Advanced section of the Dashboard app in the Apps tab (on the hub, not the mobile app) and see that they are set like this:

1 Like

I have not had this issue since the update in 2020. The advice above would be a good place to start. Please report back if it doesn't correct the problem.

I have this issue as well. Does not load when I'm on my home WiFi network, but does when I'm on mobile. I'm new to Hubitat and have two dashboards so far. Both have those "Allow Access..." settings enabled.

My app is on version 1.6.11 build 135 for Droid.
Have you tried logging out and back in to the app?
Is your hub updated to the latest version?

1 Like

Logging out and back in fixed it for me. Thanks for the assist!

I just experienced this after the latest update and modification to the dashboard.

Click on Settings COG in the bottom right, click on the HUB you want to operate then click on the DEVICE you want to use. It will re-attach your system to the app.

My dashboard settings are definitely set up to allow access remotely and locally. I have double checked this but also the fact that it sometimes works (as per the above workarounds) also shows this.

However, new weird behaviour....it started working normally about 2 weeks ago and I thought it had been fixed, but now my dashboard has completely disappeared from the mobile app now. It's still present in the Hub web page and I can still access it there, it's just no longer listed in the app. Logging out and back in, or selecting the hub in the app no longer functions as a workaround.

The only way I could get around it this time was to switch in the settings of the app "enable customer dashboard". Once I switched this, the dashboard appeared again and appears to be working normally