Hubitat iOS app does not refresh certain things

Does anyone else have the issue where the Hubitat app does not refresh certain parameters.

Eg. Geo location. I moved house and I updated the hubs location in the settings. The geo fence was still centred around the old location. This remained like this until I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

More recently, I migrate my Wi-Fi network, and habitat was given a new IP address. Now the app just claims that the hub is off-line, even though it is accessible through the web browser. I’ve logged out and log back in again to no avail.

Well I know these are edge cases, it’s very frustrating that the overall app experience is pretty crappy. Any ideas welcome?

You can move the Geofence Pin within the Hubitat mobile app. It only uses the Hub’s info when it first connects, IIRC.

Mine is doing the same. It also doesn't consistently update the states of the lights on the lights/switches page.

Does this happen when your phone is on the same LAN as your hub? Or when you are away from home?

Both, a lot of times I just get the spinning circle after pressing on the button

Does your hub have intermittent connectivity to the LAN?

Nope, the app is the only part I find inconsistent. Everything else works great and I have no problem accessing via web browser

From my side the HUB is connected on Ethernet hardware.

I love Hubitat but unfortunately am finding that the iOS app is pretty much junk. It doesn't update and has other odd behavior. And has been noted elsewhere geofencing doesn't work. Despite giving the app location access all the time and trying every combination of settings imaginable it does not update presence on either my phone or my wife's phone unless we open the app, at which point it suddenly updates. Unfortunately if you want a good iOS app right now Hubitat is not the platform.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.