Hubitat integration with new Orbi router

I just got a new Orbi router and am having trouble with connecting to my hub through it. It finds the Hubitat through findmyhub.hubitat.com, but when I click on it I get a "This site can't be reached" message. Is there something that I can do to make this work?

Thank you!

I have an Orbi for WiFi in my network. What is the IP address on the computer you are using to connect to you hub?

1 Like

I believe it's 192.168.1.23 - from my ipconfig /all:
Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : C8-E2-65-6C-7B-81
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::94e0:cc0d:ba3d:abd9%18(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.23(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, November 6, 2022 9:38:54 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, November 7, 2022 9:38:55 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 566813285
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-96-A7-29-60-A4-4C-62-31-8B
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

New router probably = new IP for the hub.

Try the network reset procedure.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/settings/networking

2 Likes

It appears your computer and hub are in different IP ranges. That makes it difficult to get them to talk.

I assume you have a gateway device from your internet provider in your network. It is setup to issue IP addresses to devices on your network. Your Orbi needs to be setup in AP Mode to ensure it doesn't conflict with this. Here is a picture of where to find this in the Orbi configuration.

I expect your internet gateway is issuing 192.168.1.X IP addresses, and your Orbi is in Router Mode issuing 10.0.0.X addresses.

If you change your Orbi to AP Mode, it should resolve your issue.

As Wayne points out this is likely the root of your problem. It creates a situation known as double-NATting and has the potential to cause other issues as well. One note - when you flip your Orbi to AP mode anything that had previously been issued an IP address by the Orbi will get a new one issued by your gateway device. Some may require a bit of fiddling to trigger this process.

1 Like

It took a day for it to take, but after holding the button for 7 secs and leaving it, the hub was found at 192.168.1.xx! Another afternoon later, I was able to get my philips hue hub talking to it (and everything else). Thank you guys SO much for your help!!

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you got it working. Let us know if you need help with anything else. :+1:t2:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.