Hubitat + InfluxDB + Grafana Howto [Ubuntu Linux]

I think the big hang up is understanding how to translate regular docker input's to whatever the UI is for Synology. The basic syntax with Docker is below. You may also want to simply install a VM if it is possible as well. That will remove any potential network issues with Docker just make sure you do a dhcp reservation for the VM if you do that.

docker run \
      -p 8086:8086 \
      -v myInfluxVolume:/var/lib/influxdb2 \
      influxdb:latest

The official documentation is here Install InfluxDB | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation

The key is just to understand the translation between standard Docker/Containers and the Synology UI. Sorry i can't give much more information as i just haven't used a synology device or even know what options the UI gives.

For the Synology, just SSH into it and you can use the standard syntax

1 Like

For me the challenge isn't in getting the Influx container setup and running in Docker on Synology, it's the steps after that to get Influx and Grafana doing anything useful.

will look something like this on the Synology:
-v /volume1/docker/influxdb/data:/var/lib/influxdb2 \

I'm a Docker copy and paster. Most of the guides persist the config directory as well, though I don't show any files in mine. The entry would look something like:
-v /volume1/docker/influxdb/config:/etc/influxdb2 \

If one is running more than a couple containers then Portainer is a good option on Synology as it is much more competent than the Synology Docker app. For better or worse, installing Portainer on Synology requires dropping down to a command line.