Hubitat <-> Home Assistant

As I understand HA also is Matter compatible. Would we be able to share/control devises from/to HA now that our HEs got Matter?
I use the excellent HA Bridge now but if native support for this is possible that would mean future proof…

Not unless the devices themselves support Matter, in which case you could add them to both systems that way.

Neither HASS nor Hubitat are Matter bridges, i.e., devices (like the Philips Hue Bridge) that expose non-Matter devices (like Zigbee bulbs and sensors) out as Matter devices. They are Matter controllers, capable of adding such devices to the hub/system.

So, this won't help you add arbitrary devices from one system to the other, at least not as either system currently stands.

See this document for more if it's all new to you:

6 Likes

Thanks for your explanation. I also just read this on HAs web site,

Home Assistant, as a Matter controller, only supports control of Matter devices. Home Assistant is not a bridge itself and it cannot turn existing devices within Home Assistant into Matter compatible devices.

That is correct, and you will find a similar explanation for Hubitat in the document I linked to above.

2 Likes