Hubitat GUI slow to build rules in rule machine and button controller

It takes several seconds for the GUI to react after making selections or clicking things in rule machine. It makes building complex rules take way longer than it would be without the delay. Is there a way to make this faster?

What platform version are you on? Check Settings > Hub Details. If you are not on 2.3.7.144, the current version as of my writing, I would recommend that to see if it helps. Go to Settings > Check for Updates to update.

Another thing you can try on any platform version is turning off the "Display current values" option. This puts the current values of variables, attributes, etc. and conditions and expressions in parentheses after the corresponding item. It can be helpful if you aren't sure how something would evaluate given the current state of everything, but it might slow things down when editing as it has to read these states first. (I also think it's a more cluttered view and not helpful if you're capable of thinking through basic Boolean operations in your head, but that's just my opinion...)

1 Like

I tried disabling the current values but that didn't help. I'm running a version 2.3.7.140 and this issue has been happening for a long time, several months if not a year.

Is anything else slow? What network equipment are you using? Some switches have problems with auto-negotiation. You can try manually setting the speed in Settings > Network Setup. Platform version 2.3.7.144 added another option to this screen (probably not one you'll need: 10 Mpbs), but there's no sense in troubleshooting an old version regardless.

It's a C7 hub plugged into a Unifi switch and it negotiated to 100 Full. It's only slow when clicking through, creating, editing, etc, rules. The rest of the GUI is normal. Is there a way to globally disable the current values setting?

No, that is a setting on each rule (but would only matter when you have that rule open for editing).

Try release 2.3.7.145, just out today, which may have a fix for your problem.

1 Like