Hubitat Garage Door control for Chamberlain MyQ enabled systems

If you're comfortable with opening and soldering wires, then look for the two leads connected to the physical button press on the circuit board of the Chamberlain switch. That's where the two wires which connect to the Zooz dry contact are soldered to. Sorry, I don't have a picture. I needed only one adapter and I don't have the soldering equipment, so it was cheaper to just buy the adapter.

2 Likes

This thread has some ideas for using a remote for three doors.

Thanks I will take a look.

I did see the remote option, but I have 3 doors and was trying to avoid batteries. It seemed the cleanest option was the door switches.

Look above. There’s a battery bypass option as well. USB option for coin battery

1 Like

I bought this wall adapter and soldered to my garage door remote. I have 3 garage doors also so I just used one of their remotes since it has three buttons on it. Now I operate w/o any batteries. I will post a final pict one my project box arrives and I can neatly tuck it away.

https://amzn.to/46D8mD9

I do have a 3 button remote, so I am curious on how it works out for you. With over 120 devices, I try to cut back on batteries when I can.

It works well so far. Almost a month or more of using it daily. Here are some picts. No making fun of my soldering job. Will post another when I have my project box.

I am thinking of using a USB (5V) adapter and a buck converter (down to 3V) instead of the wall plug but I think this will be the final solution for now.

1 Like

This might help if it just the push button.

2 Likes

This is the way

2 Likes

Thanks, this is what I needed!

Also just to confirm the 2 wires coming off the button that I solder on, they would go into the R1/R2/R3 ports on the Zen16 and the SW1/SW2/SW3 would not be used?

Correct. For the Security+ devices, you can ignore the SW1/2/3 ports. Just use the R1/2/3 ports :+1:
Refer to the diagram above : Hubitat Garage Door control for Chamberlain MyQ enabled systems - #50 by bkadambi

2 Likes

So I soldered on the wires to each switch and all 3 doors are working great with the Zen16.

Nice :+1:t3:. Can you share pix for others to reference?

Ah yeah I forgot to take a pic before I mounted the switches back on the wall with the Zen16. My two young sons where interested which is good, but distracting lol.

The contacts are a little small, but I just used the same wire that came with my openers.

Mine is mounted in the garage right outside our door from the kitchen. Due to the wires for then openers being so short it's not the neatest setup I would have preferred, but it's not inside the house at least.

I can take a pic of it mounted when I get home

Has anyone tried to integrate the ratgdo with Hubitat?

My Zigbee Fingerbot Plus connected to Hubitat easily as a "Device". Which driver should I use to actuate the "finger"?

should be generic zigbee switch or button

1 Like
2 Likes

This doesn't appear to work with the 891LM. I checked with my multimeter and the device was giving 5V, where a lithium battery should be providing 3V. I guess the circuitry in the garage remote doesn't like it.

I bought this hoping that at least it would convert the voltage down to 3V rather than passing the USB's 5V through directly. Otherwise I could have done it myself without the fake CR2032 shells: just cut open an old USB cable and solder the +5V and GND lines to the battery holder.